Audio Visual Help Desk Analyst
Service | New York, NY | Full Time
Audio Visual Help Desk Analyst
Audiovisual Design/Build firm headquartered in NYC - New York, NY
Our employees say it best:
- "What I like most about working here is the freedom to perform my work while working with the clients to ensure that their vision is realized at the completion of their project. I have the opportunity to do what I love which is work with people of all walks of life, both within the company and those we serve."
- "I value the support and respect I receive from my manager and ops director and genuinely like the leadership. The projects I get to work on are amazing."
- "I’ve worked for the largest and some companies ... this is the best, well organized company I’ve worked for yet."
- "I have freedom to do my job with guidance from management, but not micromanagement. The company worked with me to create a position in which my strengths are utilized and valued."
- "I feel as though I work for myself, but with the confidence and backing of several departments all working together. Sometimes I feel as though it is not work at all because I enjoy the work and the pace. I also like that we are constantly moving and striving for better."
We are a cool, innovative global player in the AV Design/Build space, serving as a consultant to highly sophisticated and creative corporate clients. Our team is uniquely talented, fun, and our nurturing culture is dedicated to training and promotion from within. Simply put - you will love working here.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to work on cool projects in a fun atmosphere with a culture that values people, advancement, opportunity, freedom to express your ideas, teamwork, training and a commitment to excellence then this is the place for you.
Our company offers a casual work environment and the ability to work with some of the largest companies in NYC as clients.
Position Type: Full -Time
Pay Type: Hourly
Benefits: Eligible after 90-day probationary period
Reports to: VP, Client Services
Supervises: No direct reports, but will oversee third-party vendors that might be required in certain situations. Will also mentor and assist PPI Service Technicians.
Summary/Objective: The AV Help Desk Analyst is an entry-level position for those who are interested in an Audio-Visual career. They will provide monitoring and remote management services for global customers, as well as fielding phone calls and emails for various types of service requests. The Help Desk Analyst participates in and coordinates the end-to-end assessment, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues related to a customer’s Audio/Visual system(s). These are 24x7 services, so candidates should be flexible and willing to work rotational shifts (onsite and virtually/remote). They are a customer-facing representative and possess excellent customer service skills and a strong technical aptitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide exceptional AV service and support to customers across a variety of industries, primarily corporate.
- Focused attention on Customer Monitoring Dashboard (AV NOC) to identify and respond to system alerts.
- Build and mature knowledge base and continuously strive for first-call resolution.
- Escalate and engage senior technicians and engineers as needed to resolve complex technical issues.
- Keep service tickets and worklogs current, and written in a professional, customer-facing manner.
- Collaborate with PPI’s Service Coordinator to dispatch AV technicians and engineers for onsite appointments.
- Initiate, track and follow up on RMAs for defective equipment and replacement products.
- Attend & participate in daily PPI Service Team meetings.
- Transition & grow between roles as the needs of the department change.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP, Client Services or Service Coordinator
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous Help Desk experience preferred.
- Familiarity and/or experience with corporate AV systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work & study independently.
- Exceptional reliability and dependability.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure yet act with a sense of urgency.
- Strong desire to learn and improve technical skills.
- Experience with cloud-based service providers and virtual meetings (i.e., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Willingness to rotate shifts with other Help Desk Analysts to provide 24x7 coverage for our customers.
- Literacy in Windows and Mac operating systems.
Presentation Products, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.