Dog Walker/Pet Sitter
Germantown Branch | Germantown, MD | Part Time
We are a family owned and operated dog walking and pet sitting business. We are looking for fun, energetic, professional, and trustworthy animal lovers to join our team. Our ideal pet care professional is the type of person who stops random dogs while walking in the park to say hello or someone who could spend hours happily cuddling and playing with kitties. Our reputation is on the line, so we are looking for the best of the best to join our team!
- You MUST have FULL mid-day availability during the week, Monday
thru Friday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. with mornings, evenings and weekends
as-needed. If you do not have availability Monday THRU Friday, you will not be considered for this position!
- You MUST live in Gaithersburg, Montgomery Village, East Germantown (20876) or Clarksburg ONLY. PLEASE do not apply if you do not live in one of these cities.
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
- You must be willing to provide at least three professional references.
- You must be dependable and reliable.
- You must be willing to commit to a minimum of nine months to a
year. Our clients rely on your dependability and stability. If you are
simply looking for a job until you find a permanent job or return back
to school, please do not apply.
- You must have access to your cell phone at all times throughout the day and evening.
- You must have reliable and insured transportation of your own.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills when interacting with clients.
- You must be physically able to handle the requirements of the
position. This could include walking or lifting large dogs, cleaning up
bodily wastes, dealing with muddy yards, etc.
- You must be willing to work in all weather conditions -- rain, snow, and temperature extremes.
- You must be available on the weekends on an as needed basis.
- You must be available to work some of the major holidays. (Holiday compensation will be provided).
- You must be able to "go with the flow" and be committed to being a
pet care professional. We take our jobs very seriously and we have a lot
of responsibility. The job requires you to be in constant communication
with staff at our main office and will require you to stop by the
office a minimum of once a week. There is a lot of running around to
initial consultations, key swaps, etc. Your professionalism and
flexibility is crucial at all times.
- Must have some pet care experience, even if they are your own pets.
- Employee of the company, direct deposit, insured and bonded company.