Legal | Beverly Hills, CA | Full Time
Post Investment Group (“Post”) is a Beverly Hills, California based privately-held holding company with a diverse set of business interests. We invest both passively and actively. As active investors we take a controlling interest in companies, often partnering with seasoned entrepreneurs helping them realize their vision and achieve their potential. As a vertically integrated company, we have an operations team with in-house legal, accounting, finance, technology, marketing and human resource capabilities. Our business interests are predominantly focused in the following areas: Real Estate, Real Estate Services, Health and Wellness, and Consumer Products.
Post Investment Group and its affiliated entities (“Post”) has an opening for a full-time paralegal in its Beverly Hills office. The individual will provide legal and administrative support across Post’s core businesses on a variety of transactions. The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working closely with Post’s current in-house legal team (General Counsel, Associate General Counsel, paralegal), and the other departments and members of Post’s team, as well as to Post’s outside attorneys, to manage high transactional workflow across a number of businesses.
- Preparing – at the direction of and working closely with Post’s in-house legal team – a variety of corporate, real estate, franchise, consumer, and regulatory documents, including purchase and sale agreements, grant deeds, loan documents, title objection letters, joint venture agreements, financing statements, fund or similar financing documents, operating agreements, subscription agreements, consent/resolutions and other organizational documents, lease agreements, franchise agreements, membership agreements, and state license applications and agreements.
- Coordinating and managing the foregoing types of transactions from inception to closing, ensuring all necessary documents and funds are timely and properly completed, executed, received, delivered and distributed, working closely with Post’s in-house legal team and other departments.
- College degree and paralegal certificate required.
- Minimum of five years to seven years of corporate and/or real estate experience required, preferably in a large law firm environment, in-house legal department, or financial institution.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management, sound judgment, decision-making, communication and reasoning abilities.
- Strong computer technical skills. Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work in a highly organized and efficient manner. Self-starter with significant experience closing a variety of transactions.
- Ability to recognize and comprehend facts and legal concepts.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain and update databases.
- Results-oriented, self-directed individual with the demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and function as part of a cohesive team.
- Ability to maintain discretion and privacy with confidential matters and documents.
- Ability to work with, take direction from and give direction to various outside lawyers, title officers, escrow officers, borrowers, regulatory agencies, and Post’s internal accounting, legal, HR, and other business-specific departments.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status