Assistant General Counsel
Legal | Beverly Hills, CA | Full Time
Post Investment Group (“Post”) is a Beverly Hills, California based privately-held holding company with a diverse set of business interests. We invest both passively and actively. As active investors we take a controlling interest in companies, often partnering with seasoned entrepreneurs helping them realize their vision and achieve their potential. As a vertically integrated company, we have an operations team with in-house legal, accounting, finance, technology, marketing and human resource capabilities. Our business interests are predominantly focused in the following areas: Real Estate, Real Estate Services, Health and Wellness, and Consumer Products.
We are seeking a highly qualified Assistant General Counsel to join our existing in-house legal team (General Counsel, Associate General Counsel, paralegal) and provide support for our growing business entities.
- Manage, oversee, coordinate and attend to – at the direction of and working closely with Post’s existing in-house legal team – all legal aspects and legal issues related to deal flow of a dynamic, opportunistic investment company.
- Structure, draft, review, and negotiate a variety of corporate, real estate, franchise, consumer, regulatory and other transactional documents, including:
- Real estate purchase and sale agreements, grant deeds, title objection letters, property management agreements, membership and partnership interest purchase and sale agreements and buyouts, agency and private lender loan documents, joint venture agreements, fund and similar vehicle documents, construction agreements, operating agreements and other corporate and organizational documents.
- Employment agreements, settlement agreements, severance agreements.
- Lease agreements, licensing agreements, IP agreements, license and regulatory applications.
- Consumer-facing agreements, franchise agreements, FDD updates, renewals and amendments.
- Managing and coordinating the closing of the foregoing types of transactions, working with Post’s team to ensure all necessary documents and funds are timely and properly completed, executed, received, delivered and distributed in order to close.
- Review, research and draft litigation documents, working closely with Post’s insurance carriers, outside lawyers, and internal team to coordinate and handle such litigation matters.
- Provide general legal support to Post’s various businesses and team members, with day-to-day responsibilities for transaction management, entity management and corporate responsibility for a growing and dynamic business with multiple subsidiaries and affiliated businesses.
- JD degree from a top-tier law school required, with excellent academic credentials.
- Active membership in good standing with California State Bar Association (or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel).
- 3-5 years’ experience in a top rated, national or large regional law firm or comparable in-house corporate environment with a sophisticated legal practice.
- Excellent training and experience in one or more of the following practice areas: corporate, corporate finance, real estate, civil litigation, franchise, insurance, regulatory, or general business administration.
- Exceptional intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with superior drafting, negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, build interdepartmental relationships at all levels, and evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit and enterprise-level perspective.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to learn quickly new businesses, industries, and legal issues, and to manage fast paced environment with numerous projects simultaneously under tight timelines.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Unquestionable ethics and integrity, sound judgment.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.