Technology | New York, NY
Popdust is a media company exclusively focused on the biggest personalities in music, co-founded with leading content creator and music journalist Craig Marks. Through original and crowd-sourced content, addictive social experiences and curated commerce, we deeply connect fans with artists driving the most consumption and resonance in media.
Popdust is looking for talented software engineers to join us as we build the internet’s best pop music experience and roll out exciting new features. As experienced, creative developers, you’ll help build and maintain our website and mobile applications, and work alongside dedicated and enthusiastic team members with stellar backgrounds. You’ll be hungry and you’ll own projects from the start, including the development and launch of our user rewards and commerce-driven components.
You’ll be more than our resident hackers – you’ll be our partners in building exciting, unique features for our growing site. Most importantly, you’ll play a central part in shaping our future.
- Desire to be a key team member on a "build fast, ship often,” high profile social-publishing project of national scope
- Minimum 2+ years experience building scalable web applications on the LAMP stack
- Integration with web services and third party APIs, parsing XML in PHP and jQuery etc.
- Familiarity with source/version control systems like git
- Comfort with Agile development practices (or willingness to learn)
- Strong organization and prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines and changing needs
- Detail-oriented, fast, enthusiastic, and creative
- Experience working with high traffic/high availability site deployments
- Experience with MongoDB, Hadoop, or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with Apache Solr
- Generous equity package: we want you to be invested in making Popdust an industry leader
- Full dental, health & vision
- Competitive salary