Sales | New York, NY
Popdust is a media company exclusively focused on the biggest personalities in music, co-founded with leading content creator and music journalist Craig Marks. Through original and crowd-sourced content, addictive social experiences and curated commerce, we deeply connect fans with artists driving the most consumption and resonance in media.
Leading pop music media company Popdust is looking for a Sales Planner to support and help grow our in-house direct sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a breakout company at the center of music culture, and to participate in influencing the way fans interact with top artists. Popdust is hiring rapidly and expanding into new business verticals; the position affords an opportunity for significant career growth to the right motivated candidate.
- Strong project management and organizational skills and ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time
- Exceptional written, organizational and verbal communication abilities for internal and external relationship management
- Solutions-oriented customer service focus that demonstrates responsiveness and competence
- Demonstrated interest in digital media and learning about a multi-media brand
- Self-motivated to work independently as well as part of a team
- Understanding of the basics of advertising and interactions with a national sales staff
- Day-to-day support of digital sales team through development of media plans and decks, and marketing collateral for advertising proposals
- Prepare proposals – proactive and in response to RFPs – that are accurate, strategic, creative, meet objectives, and submitted on time
- Work in partnership with the sales team to understand client's objectives and needs
- Expertly understand Popdust content, new features, ad units and traffic patterns to effectively put together media plans customized to each client
- Serve as primary daily liaison between client and Ad Operations for general account support, implementation and management of campaigns, monitoring campaign performance, optimizations, revisions and strategic selling
- Traffic necessary paperwork through internal channels (Client Services, Ad Operations, Finance, etc.)
- Stay abreast of industry news and competitive sites
- Proficiency in digital media tools such as DART, Atlas, Omniture, Nielsen @Plan, ComScore, etc.
- Online campaign management experience
- Above average Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Experience with and knowledge of the terminology and mechanics of the online advertising industry
- Generous equity package: we want you to be invested in making Popdust an industry leader
- Full dental, health & vision
- Competitive salary