Popdust Style Senior Editor
Editorial | New York, NY
Popdust is a media company exclusively focused on the biggest personalities in music, co-founded with leading content creator and music journalist Craig Marks. Through original and crowd-sourced content, addictive social experiences and curated commerce, we deeply connect fans with artists driving the most consumption and resonance in media.
Popdust Style, the new e-commerce venture from leading internet pop-music site Popdust, is looking for a style expert to write, create and manage outstanding original web content for our editorial and commerce properties.
The Senior Editor will be responsible for fashion and accessories content creation, editing, production and programming across multiple areas of Popdust Style’s e-commerce site. The ideal candidate has his/her finger on the pulse of all things style with a pop music focus, including red carpet, fashion week, and breaking news—from collaborations to campaigns to controversies.
- Define, schedule, build, and manage the posting of content to assigned areas of the site.
- Oversee and create product copy in editorial features, product pages and email newsletters.
- Work closely with stylists, marketing team, operations and vendors to create content.
- Ensure all deadlines are met for the assigned areas of the site, especially when related to timely and current coverage as well as content associated with special packages and sponsored site components and sections.
- Partner with the photo and video editors and other site editors to obtain additional photos, video and other content when appropriate to the coverage and packaging of that content.
- Work with design team on any graphic needs for features.
- Propose syndication content and related links for syndication partners.
- Track analytics on stories created.
- Understand the site and organization goals as they relate to content produced and programming of responsible sections.
- Promote stories on social networks.
- Commission street style photographers for events and daily content, and execute street style features.
- Conceptualize and execute features during and after fashion events
- The Editor is also in charge of maintaining an events calendar and coordinating/overseeing night-of coverage for high-profile events.
- Strong relationships with fashion & beauty PR and a proven record of securing online, exclusive interviews/quotes.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in a CMS and a solid understanding of SEO.
- Exceptional communication and research skills are essential, as are self-motivation and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of common Web production technologies is a must, including HTML basics, Photoshop and social programming.
- Generous equity package: we want you to be invested in making Popdust an industry leader
- Full dental, health & vision
- Competitive salary