Popdust Style Operations Associate
Operations | New York, NY
Popdust is a media company exclusively focused on the biggest personalities in music, co-founded with leading content creator and music journalist Craig Marks. Through original and crowd-sourced content, addictive social experiences and curated commerce, we deeply connect fans with artists driving the most consumption and resonance in media.
Popdust Style, the new e-commerce venture from leading internet pop-music site Popdust, is looking for an Operations Associate to help with our customer service and account management. We're looking for someone who is passionate about creating a delightful customer experience by helping to ensure the highest levels of quality, productivity, efficiency and delivery. Because an excellent customer experience is so important to us, you'll be an integral part of our team, making a real contribution. This is a great opportunity for those interested in start-ups and growing and operating an e-commerce business focusing on music-inspired fashion.
Customer Service: You will be responsible for providing prompt, helpful responses to customer inquiries, via email, social media and over the phone. Executing resolutions to customer issues often requires researching and sometimes updating a customer order. Research may also include reviewing inventory records, customer history and shipping carrier information on various web-based interfaces.
Account Management: Your goal with vendors is to provide them with an amazing service experience. You will interact with our vendors to identify and solve problems in order to see them through to resolution. Operations tasks may include setting up or modifying transactions, running reports and researching order exceptions, approving invoices and purchase orders, etc.
Analytics/Other: The third part of your job will be to assist with analytics or other projects as required. Projects may include researching and modeling out logistics costs, looking at member transaction history, etc.
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer service, account management or related role, particularly at an e-commerce or online services company. Experience in operations management a significant plus, including tracking aging orders, confirming invoices, analyzing or reporting on order exceptions and setting up or modifying transactions.
- Has excellent writing skills in English, with a firm command of proper grammar.
- Is confident in their ability to solve problems independently.
- Is comfortable using multiple online tools to resolve customer cases and manage related operations and analytical tasks.
- Competency using Excel is a must.
- Is organized, and pays close attention to every little detail.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, and is comfortable working in a diverse, intense, fast-paced environment.
- Generous equity package: we want you to be invested in making Popdust an industry leader
- Full dental, health & vision
- Competitive salary