Popdust Style Buyer/Merchandiser
Operations | New York, NY
Popdust is a media company exclusively focused on the biggest personalities in music, co-founded with leading content creator and music journalist Craig Marks. Through original and crowd-sourced content, addictive social experiences and curated commerce, we deeply connect fans with artists driving the most consumption and resonance in media.
Popdust Style, the new e-commerce venture from leading internet pop-music site Popdust, is looking for a Buyer/Merchandiser to help bring our customers the best in fashion and accessories. In this role, you’ll work within the Commerce team to source amazing products, develop positive relationships with vendors, and negotiate great prices amongst other things.
- Work with the Commerce Team to identify and acquire amazing product
- Develop assortments, and staying on top of current and emerging trends for Popdust Style’s commerce business that includes, but not limited to apparel, jewelry, shoes, accessories, beauty and lifestyle products
- Coordinate with Editorial to deliver high quality and coveted merchandise to consumers
- Meet suppliers and negotiate terms of contracts; secure advantageous wholesale prices and payment terms
- Have strong existing relationships with brands and source new suppliers for future products; Establish and build harmonious partnerships with new vendors through open and effective communication
- Manage plans for inventory levels, reacting to change in demand and logistics
- Analyze records of items purchased, costs, delivery, and product performance; Monitoring sell-through and inventory levels, and making astute recommendations to drive sales; Write reports and sales forecasts, and analyze sales figures; Regularly review performance indicators
- Collaborate with senior management and commerce partnership managers to develop purchasing recommendations that are in line with business goals
- Tap into many aspects of merchandising such as: product development, private label development, import and sourcing initiatives
- Participate in promotional activities, reviewing monthly calendar promotions.
- Review customer feedback of merchandise
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Buying/planning, operations, or finance background
- Women’s Contemporary Sportswear, Denim & Accessories industry knowledge and experience
- Must have a love for fashion and proven experience in acquiring goods that anticipate consumer demand
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and vendor/brand management experience
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude; Ability to analyze trends, sales, gross margin, inventory and turn.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, and organizational skills; Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong brand relationships in the market
- Creative flair and innovative ideas
- Ability to make important decisions, cope with the pressure of meeting demanding targets and working within tight deadlines
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools; Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Generous equity package: we want you to be invested in making Popdust an industry leader
- Full dental, health & vision
- Competitive salary