Editorial | New York, NY
Popdust is a media company exclusively focused on the biggest personalities in music, co-founded with leading content creator and music journalist Craig Marks. Through original and crowd-sourced content, addictive social experiences and curated commerce, we deeply connect fans with artists driving the most consumption and resonance in media.
Popdust, the internet’s leading pop music destination, is looking for a dynamic, motivated and experienced deputy editor to work directly with the Editor-in-Chief in creating and developing original news, opinion and artist-interactive features and series. You’ll be directly tasked with creating and managing editorial franchises—text, photo, video–that take the fullest advantage of our access to pop artists and their passionate fanbases, and are both creative and effective. You should possess a deep understanding, based on specific experience, for what young audiences want from online content. Along with the Editor-in-Chief and General Manager, you will share direct responsibility for analyzing our competitive set and for growing our traffic. The ideal candidate should have a proven knack for originating and managing great viral content ideas.
You’ll not only conceive unique and exciting content – you’ll join a fast-growing startup and play a central part in shaping our editorial voice.
- Create social-friendly content franchises that have a strong, distinct editorial voice
- Help lead and motivate a staff of fulltime writers, plus freelance reporters, videographers and content creators
- Liaison with record labels, artists and music managers
- Recruit talented writers and creatives to contribute to Popdust
- Actively monitor web trends and traffic data
- Lead our editorial team’s creative brainstorm sessions
- Create and edit traditional news articles as well as untraditional web content
- Experience talking to musicians and interacting with the key players in the music industry
- Hyper knowledge of and enthusiasm for contemporary pop music – Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Kanye West, etc.
- Passion for all forms of online media
- Detail-oriented and fast
- Photoshop/Final Cut Pro skills are a plus
- Generous equity package: we want you to be invested in making Popdust an industry leader
- Full dental, health & vision
- Competitive salary