Registration/ Booking Clerk and Medical Office Assistant
Administration | New westminster, Pollock Clinics, Canada | Full Time
- Utilizing a computerized scheduling system (Intrahealth), schedule and book patient and follow-up appointments, adjusting arrangements in accordance with patient and program requirements and notifying both the patient and clinicians, ensuring that appropriate date, time, and location are provided to the patient, and placing appointment reminder calls to patients/families.
- Receive and register patients upon arrival. Ensure patient demographics and appropriate medical information is complete and accurate and follow up with appropriate parties as necessary. Advise appropriate professional that the patient has arrived.
- Perform data entry, and receiving and processing related paperwork. Schedule new referrals based on established criteria and work with physicians.
- Perform receptionist and other clerical duties including answering telephones, responding to inquiries and requests for information, obtaining patient files, greeting patients and families, printing daily and/or monthly schedules, and forwarding problems and complex queries to appropriate personnel.
- Minimum grade 12 graduation.
- Two (2) years’ recent experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate preferred.
You have demonstrated ability to:
- Keyboard 45 w.p.m.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Deal with patients and colleagues effectively.
- Organize work.
- Operate related equipment.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position.
About Pollock Clinics:
Pollock Clinics is one of BC’s largest providers of no-scalpel no-needle vasectomy and circumcision for babies, boys, and men of all ages. We also offer treatment for erectile dysfunction, sexual performance enhancement, as well as penile frenuloplasty and frenulectomy, and circumcision revision.
At Pollock Clinics, our mission is to uphold the highest international standards of male medical care while treating our patients with compassion, dignity, and respect.
We serve a diverse local community across the province, including families of various cultural and ethnic backgrounds. There are currently two clinic locations: Vancouver and New Westminster.
We are looking for individuals with passion and drive, who can ensure that our high standard of quality care and patient experience is maintained.
Job Type: P/T to start with potential to grow to a F/T
Wage: commensurate with experience
Locations you will be working at:
304 - 625 Fifth Avenue, New Westminster Location
1101 - 805 West Broadway, Vancouver Location
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Medical Office Assistance: 2 years (Required)
- Answering phones