Inside Sales Representative
Operations | Toronto, ON, Canada
Polar Racking is looking to change the world, one solar panel at a time. As the market leader in solar mounting solutions in Canada, we are rapidly expanding our product line and entering new markets. We are on track to become one of the largest mounting solutions providers in the world. It’s an ambitious goal, so we need energetic, resourceful and talented people to help pave the way. Our firm is comprised entirely of young, talented professionals who want to shape the new energy paradigm for the next generation of Canadians. If you want to be a part of one of the most dynamic and fastest growing companies in renewable energy and you have the shoulders for us to stand on, tell us what sets you apart from the rest.
The Inside Sales Representative will report directly to the Vice President of Sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Polar’s dealer network to rapidly develop and win rooftop and ground mount solar projects. The mission for the Inside Sales Representative will be to establish Polar’s distribution channel as the premier professional racking provider of residential and commercial PV systems in Canada. The Inside Sales Representative is critical in managing new customer on-boarding and assisting in account planning and management. In addition to providing inside sales support, this role is responsible for managing small customer accounts. This person will handle all aspects of sales support, including inbound calls, lead qualification, customer proposals, pricing, training events and general technical and commercial support for dealers and end customers. The role requires this person to work directly with customers, outside salespersons, design engineers, and marketing and manufacturing to ensure success in delivering value to our customers.
- Qualify and allocate leads (inbound and outbound calls) to Polar team and channel partners.
- Develop new clients as well as manage existing accounts.
- Manage dealer network by issuing comprehensive quotes, answering enquires, checking product availability and lead time.
- Coordinate ordering process with the dealer and manufacturing including logistics and accounting.
- Maintain and update salesforce.com CRM systems with latest information provided by outside sales and dealers.
- Perform market research and obtain latest information regarding competitor activity in order to analyze pricing strategy with management.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge and awareness on government policies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Coordinate and develop various reports, including word documents, power point presentations, excel spreadsheets and sales force to provide management with accurate and reliable information regarding sales pipeline
- Proven sales track record
- Three (3) or more years of sales, marketing, finance or engineering work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, or other relevant area.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate ideas clearly both with the written and spoken word.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under time constraints and handle multiple tasks with little or no supervision to produce a quality product in a timely fashion.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-national environment, working through issues and achieving resolution to challenging problems with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to be productive, positive and pro-active in a stressful work environment, by prioritizing work and adapting to changing work demands.
- Some travel may be required (up to 10%).