Junior Field Application Engineer
Engineering | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time
Are you an engineer by training but don't want to be stuck in a cube? Leverage those people skills, support customers and join our growing team, all the while utilizing your technical background. PNI Sensor has a new position opening to support our ever-growing customer base.
This Field Application Engineer will be a key role on our customer support team, providing professional technical troubleshooting, application support and driver development, and product marketing support for all PNI products. Working under the Customer Success/Field Application Engineering Director, this is a fantastic opportunity to jump in at a more junior level and learn and grow with the PNI products and sales & marketing team.
Located in the heart of wine country in north Santa Rosa, California, PNI Sensor is a growing technology company that offers a challenging and dynamic work environment without layers of bureaucracy. Employees have an opportunity to expand their skills and interests, while working with leading edge sensor and control technology.
PNI offers a comprehensive benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, disability and life insurance, a 401k plan, generous PTO, and a flexible working environment.
- Be the main technical resource for supporting customers.
- Writes Application Notes, white papers and reference designs to increase the productivity of our customers and enhance their ability to apply PNI technology to their design challenges.
- Performs technical support for all PNI products in a professional, proactive and timely manner.
- Works with customers to understand the application and requirements, and recommends the appropriate product or solution
- Works with customers to integrate PNI products in their systems by testing prototypes and samples, building prototypes and debugging software
- Troubleshoots and repairs products, while working to reduce overall returns
- Assists with failure and trend analysis
- Provides support for the assembly of demos and prototypes, and prepares and assists with product demonstrations and applications
- Assists in modifying and verifying product designs to meet customer requirements
- Provides technical training and technical assistance to customers, reps, distributors and PNI staff
- Assists in the development of product data sheets, application notes, sales sheets, and other product related documentation
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in compliance with PNI Safety Program and local, state, and federal safety regulations.
Minimum Education required:
- BSEE, BS Computer Engineering/Science, Physics, Mechanical or related field required
Minimum Experience required:
- New graduate or 2 years of relevant industry experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the proven ability to interact with interdepartmentally with both software and hardware developers, vendors and customers
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices related to sensors and analog hardware
- Programming skills in C/C++, Python, JSON and other computer languages
- Experience with driver development preferred
- Understand basic electrical circuits and capable of reading schematics
- Capability to use multi-meter, logic analyzer, oscilloscope and soldering iron.
- Ability to work well with others in a geographically diverse environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Office Environment (75%)
- International and Domestic Travel (25%)