Facilities | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Plexxikon, a member of the Daiichi Sankyo Group, is a leader in the discovery and development of novel, small molecule pharmaceuticals. The company utilizes its proprietary discovery platform to successfully develop a portfolio of competitively differentiated clinical and preclinical stage compounds in a number of therapeutic areas. Plexxikon’s most advanced program, Zelboraf™ (vemurafenib) was the first oral targeted therapy to be approved for the treatment of both metastatic and unresectable melanomas. Plexxikon's demonstrated capability in discovery and early development uniquely positions the company to develop multiple commercial franchises for different therapeutic indications, and to create significant value for Plexxikon, Daiichi Sankyo and patients.
Plexxikon's novel discovery approach, combined with experienced management and scientific teams, a broad network of scientific and clinical experts, and partnerships supporting later stage development, have been key drivers of the company's success since it began operations in 2001. Plexxikon is a small business with approximately 70 employees based in South San Francisco, California.
This position will be a critical member of the Facilities Team and will report directly to the Associate Director of Facilities. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience in a successful biotech company. This position will typically work on-site during normal business hours (8:30 am – 5:30 pm), but will need to be available for an occasional on-call rotation.
- Provide support for all facilities (office and labs) servicing needs, and miscellaneous employee customer service requests
- Assist in managing satellite waste collection stations throughout labs, and handle removal of all biomedical and chemical hazardous waste safely from the premises
- Work with external outside vendors as needed for facilities services (ex., gas supplies, chemical lab packing; janitorial needs); scheduling routine equipment service or repair calls; and help negotiate service contracts
- Restock common areas including the warehouse (lab and office supplies); chemistry solvent storage; kitchens (disposables, beverages & snacks); printer areas
- Wash all glassware for the labs
- Assist with shipping and receiving tasks, as well internal mail distribution
- Assist in monitoring the reception phone
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- High school diploma and at least one year of business experience in a customer service, lab or other relevant role required
- Working knowledge of office procedures and equipment; experience or knowledge of lab safety and/or environmental health and safety procedures a plus
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply knowledge of laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and procedures governing procurement and dangerous goods shipping requirements
- Microsoft office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint, with an aptitude for learning new software
- Ability and willingness to interact and work with various levels of management within Plexxikon, and provide a high level of customer service
- High energy, with ability to multi-task while working within a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Hands-on, detail and team-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Desire to learn and tackle new challenges is imperative
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and work on feet for up to 8 hours a day
Plexxikon, an equal opportunity employer, and will be based in SSF as of August 2021. We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment and provide top-notch benefits including health insurance, generous time off, annual performance bonuses, long-term incentives and much more.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year. To learn more about Plexxikon, please visit our website at www.plexxikon.com.
No Phone Calls Please
No Agencies or Recruiters