Associate Director, Project Management
Project Management | Berkeley, CA | Full Time
Plexxikon, a member of the Daiichi Sankyo Group, is a leader in the discovery and development of novel, small molecule pharmaceuticals. The company utilizes its proprietary discovery platform to successfully develop a portfolio of competitively differentiated clinical and preclinical stage compounds in a number of therapeutic areas. Plexxikon’s most advanced program, Zelboraf™ (vemurafenib) was the first oral targeted therapy to be approved for the treatment of both metastatic and unresectable melanomas. Plexxikon's demonstrated capability in discovery and early development uniquely positions the company to develop multiple commercial franchises for different therapeutic indications, and to create significant value for Plexxikon, Daiichi Sankyo and patients.
Plexxikon's novel discovery approach, combined with experienced management and scientific teams, a broad network of scientific and clinical experts, and partnerships supporting later stage development, have been key drivers of the company's success since it began operations in 2001. Plexxikon is a small business with approximately 70 employees based in Berkeley, California and the Associate Director, Project Management will be a critical member of the team reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
The Associate Director of Project Management will be a critical member of the team reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain experience in a successful biotech company. You will oversee and coordinate development projects from discovery through IND filing and early development and also transition support for late stage development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The development, maintenance, proactive tracking and management of a high-quality integrated project plans for multiple development projects
- Closely and transparently manage the critical path of projects
- Maintaining, tracking, reporting and understanding variances in the integrated project budget by working in close collaboration with functional contributors and finance
- Ensure accurate and timely communications with project teams and management of any issues impacting budgets, timelines or milestones
- Interface with Daiichi Sankyo to provide portfolio and goal related updates
- Facilitate discussions inclusive of the appropriate participants to drive towards decisions for the programs
- Generate or manage generation of project specific planning documentation (e.g. TPP, SWOT, development plans, etc.)
- Act as key interface with scientists to ensure smooth transition of projects from discovery to development
- Participate in the planning and execution of regulatory activities, including IND filings
- Lead project team meetings and generate meeting minutes
- Present development data and plans for internal and external forums, as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- At least 8 years of overall biotech work experience with at least 3 years of formal project management experience in a biotech company
- Bachelor’s degree; biology or chemistry discipline preferred; advanced degree highly desirable
- Project Management certification or equivalent is a plus (i.e. PMP or equivalent)
- Proficient with MS Project
- Oral, small molecule experience is required
- Ability to multi-task while working within a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams both internally & externally
- Must have demonstrated problem solving abilities and strong organizational skills
- Ability to write technical documents, such as protocols, protocol amendments, informed consent, and other trial-related documents
- Detail and team oriented with excellent cross-functional team leadership and participation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
Plexxikon, an equal opportunity employer, is located in Berkeley, just off interstate 80. We offer a chance to work with talented people in a collaborative environment and provide excellent benefits including health insurance, an annual performance bonus and long-term incentive program, generous time off and much more. To learn more about Plexxikon, please visit our website at www.plexxikon.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Please no phone calls, agencies or recruiters