Senior Technical Support Engineer (Open location - Boston to DC)
Customer Support | New York, NY
You are an interesting start-up boot-strapper crossed with caring, polished communicator. You are obsessed with making customers successful and have often gone out of your way to ensure that they are. You’ve worked with sophisticated/demanding enterprise customers, and you have an innate sense of how to manage expectations and inspire confidence. You demonstrate excellent judgment in prioritization and are a multi-tasker. You love learning new cutting-edge technology and can’t help but make suggestions about how to improve the product and company, overall. You are naturally driven to become the expert in the space you are in.
But most importantly: You are fun to work with, a proud geek, and enjoy randomly intense conversations about espresso machines, distributed computing, and/or carbon bikes.
Your role includes…
- Managing customer issues, resolving them directly or engaging internal resources to do so
- Being a trusted advisor to customers via your enthusiastic social engagement and technical depth, while balancing internal resources to meet internal demands
- Portraying an accurate sense of urgency and professionalism when interacting with customers
- Developing test cases and confirming software deficiencies; working closely with Engineering on timely workarounds and fixes to the product, verifying fixes and coordinating delivery
- Responsive and proactive communications, maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction through every interaction
- Proactive issue tracking, documenting fastidiously as you go, and able to provide reporting at appropriate intervals and relevant levels to the team and company
- Must be able to learn and propagate acquired knowledge through written and verbal technical trainings
- Developing tools to that will help you in diagnosing those hard-to-get-at problems, with the aim of resolving or triaging issues as efficiently and promptly as possible
- Developing and documenting knowledge in the form of incident notes, technical articles, contributions to knowledge base and forums within specific areas of expertise
- Timely follow up on customer commitments, effectively prioritizing process / product refinements; relaying learnings and feedback to Sales, Engineering, QA and Product Management teams
- Participation in account management calls and deep-dive engagements with key power users.
Required Experience & Capabilities:
- The ability to be a good listener, and to really understand a customer problem or question and quickly and efficiently respond back to customer
- Strong fault isolation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent analytical skills, and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrable experience as a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new technologies quickly, and can adapt to a growing and rapidly evolving team
- Experience working cross-functionally with many internal groups, successful
- Proven adaptability and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Capability to react quickly to interrupt driven workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively under pressure – you prefer things this way!
- Excellent customer service skills, which include organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills
- You must have a flexible schedule, which will include occasional on-call weekend coverage
- Strong work ethic, dependable, and responsible
- Experience working remotely, yet engaging effectively with all touch-points in the organization.
Your technical skills include:
- Experience with Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, AWS
- Good understanding of the Business Intelligence (BI) with hands-on experience of the dominating tools in the space
- Accreditation in Support or certification in a related technology
- Minimum 6 years experience as a Technical Support Engineer in related field
- BA or BS in a technical discipline.
You get bonus points for:
- Admin experience with support tools and ticketing systems
- Scripting (python) and java knowledge
- Experience Training/mentoring junior members of a team
- Experience in integrating disparate tracking systems
- Experience in online community development
- Experience with on-premise software and deployments
- Onsite customer skills with a willingness/enjoyment of occasionally spending time at customer sites
- Experience supporting systems and applications on virtualized environments.
Platfora is the #1 native Big Data Analytics platform for Hadoop. Platfora puts big data directly into the hands of line-of-business people through self-service analytics that help them uncover new opportunities that were once impossible or impractical across transaction, customer interaction and machine data. An interactive and visual full-stack platform delivered as subscription software in the cloud or on-premises, Platfora Big Data Analytics is creating data-driven competitive advantages in the areas of security, marketing, finance, operations and the Internet of Things. Leading organizations such as Citi, Comcast, DirecTV, Disney, Edmunds.com, Opower, Riot Games, Vivint and The Washington Post use Platfora.