Field Engagement Manager - California
Field Services | San Mateo, CA
You know how to navigate through the noise of a successful, fast-paced environment. You identify what needs to be accomplished and partner with others in the organization to ensure successful, on-time delivery. You want to be an integral part of a cross-functional team which prides itself on effectively and efficiently delivering to the needs of our customers. You are known for building smart, effective, efficient processes and templates to deliver projects. You are able to communicate, build relationships, and influence across all levels of the organization. You care deeply about driving business value at a customer. You are always operating from the perspective of “How will this positively impact our customers?” and “How can we help our customers achieve greater business value with our product?”.
You have director-level consulting experience and know your way around a business development process, too.
You play a key role in supporting our customers’ objectives through accelerating the adoption and deployment of Platfora as we enable them to answer their most challenging Big Data questions.
You are responsible for managing strategic engagements including the projects and people responsible for fulfilling delivery. Responsible for leading executive whiteboard/strategy sessions around sales, marketing, and customer support. The Engagement Manager is responsible for validating resource plans and project scope.
You will be responsible for working with business and technical teams to drive product implementations. You are the Chief and you own the cross-functional delivery process! You will need to evaluate, integrate, and continually enhance operational performance of our agile methodology. You will be responsible for implementing and enhancing appropriate tracking and reporting metrics in a way that provides transparency and visibility into project health. In some cases, project health and progress must be communicated to a third party (customer/partner); you will drive the communication, including strategy, content, and meetings. Throughout project delivery, you will help surface impediments and collaborate cross-functionally to remove them. You are comfortable managing multiple projects that are at various stages of delivery.
You will be managing customer billable projects to schedule, budget and contracted deliverables. These customers are typically Fortune 100 who “get” the need to have direct, instantaneous and deep use of their data stores...now.
- Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products.
- Customer Success Management: Manage expectations and day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors; manage project quality and risk, potentially across multiple engagements.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with key decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Business Process Experience: Lead Executive Level discussion around sales, marketing and customer care processes.
- Aptitude for picking up new technologies and methodologies.
- Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm.
- BA or BS in technical discipline.
- Multiple years experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with a management consulting or Big 5 consulting organization.
- Successful experience managing of large billable projects for external customers.
- Experience with modern services deployment methodologies, preferably in the Big Data context.
- Use of formal project management tools (e.g., MS-Project, Visio, etc.).
- Strong technical background, with previous experience with delivery of enterprise class software.
- Strong analytical skills and experience managing technical and project management issues.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Ability to interact and communicate with CxO-level personnel.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel up to 50% percent of the time.
- You live in California.
- US citizen.
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Being the go-to person for April Fool's activities.
- Previous, successful experience managing Big Data deployments.
Platfora is the #1 native Big Data Analytics platform for Hadoop. Platfora puts big data directly into the hands of line-of-business people through self-service analytics that help them uncover new opportunities that were once impossible or impractical across transaction, customer interaction and machine data. An interactive and visual full-stack platform delivered as subscription software in the cloud or on-premises, Platfora Big Data Analytics is creating data-driven competitive advantages in the areas of security, marketing, finance, operations and the Internet of Things. Leading organizations such as Citi, Comcast, DirecTV, Disney, Edmunds.com, Opower, Riot Games, Vivint and The Washington Post use Platfora.