Field Architect - California
Field Services | San Mateo, CA
You are at your best working side-by-side with customers building technology solutions to their analytic challenges.
You are Platfora’s business intelligence (BI) expert in the field; you’ve been there and done that, many times. Customers rave about how you’ve helped them cut through the noise and confusion to implement BI solutions that work. You make it look easy, because you know the path to success and can steer customers efficiently toward a successful go-live.
You have a strong background in technology (BS CS or similar). You’ve been in engineering roles before, and know how to translate customer comments and requests into actionable engineering enhancements. Engineering looks to you as a trusted partner; an extension of them in the field making sure they are building the best product in the world.
When it comes to deploying mission-critical enterprise software, you are the expert; this can be demonstrated by a track record of happy, referenceable customers. They appreciate your technical acumen and your diligence; no details about a customer project get by you.
You’re proud of your past experience at early stage startups and enjoy the adventure, tempo, and teamwork that comes along with this.
We are building a new category of product, from the ground up, focused on our users’ success. We know that means getting our product set up and ready for them the first time around, and giving them the expert advice they need to ensure that Platfora exceeds their expectations. We are transforming the way people work with big data. By eliminating barriers that keep users from achieving their goals, we free them to develop insights and enjoy their work.
As a Senior Platfora Field Architect, you are the hands-on Platfora expert sent into new & strategic customers, ensuring that we exceed their expectations: Turning customers into enthusiastic references for the power of our product. This is a non-billable/non-quota, hands-on and technical consulting role working with customers at their offices. You are a highly sought-after BI professional that Platfora sends in order to invest in its customers to ensure their success deploying Platfora. You execute short, targeted on-site Platfora projects, then you are off to make another customer a wildly success.
At onset of engagement, you will define customer goals and the expected achievements that make up the agreed upon exit criteria, engaging other experts and executive sponsors, as necessary, for each engagement. You will own and deliver periodic updates throughout the engagement, documenting and communicating status to all stakeholders. You will keep a continuous read on how we're performing against Platfora's customer success criteria.
In this role you can expect a wide range of responsibilities, from advising on architecture & approach as a subject matter expert, to highly technical hands-on implementations. This could include:
- Product installation and implementation.
- Data review and incorporation into Platfora.
- Recommendation and implementation of data preparation processes.
- Review of customer requirements & creation of visualizations.
- Integration of our product with customer's existing systems & infrastructure.
- Recommendation of best practices.
- Assisting the sales teams with POCs and technical presentations.
Skills and Background
Your BI & technical prowess earns you exceptional credibility in front of customers. Your specific technical experience includes:
- BI and related technologies like Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, ETL development, & BI report development
- Expertise with one or more BI tools like MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Pentaho, Tableau, QlikView, Spotfire; ETL(Informatica, Datastage);
- As well as a solid understanding of Architecture.
You understand what’s going on behind the scenes at the command line, and are very comfortable getting a Linux-based system up and running.
Your non-technical, yet critical, skills include:
- A deep understanding of the importance of helping the customer leverage the technology and a desire to empower the user to accomplish their desired goals, and more.
- Communication skills that are polished, empathetic and solution-oriented; you probably have some experience in Engineering or Software Support roles.
- Superior client interaction capabilities.
- Ability to work in a project-oriented fashion: develop & execute a basic project plan derived from the customer’s objectives, manage project timelines, deliver status reports, and coordinate with both internal & customer resources.
- You can effectively communicate with a fast-moving Engineering team and are comfortable filing defect reports and developing reproduction cases and have a focus on effectively resolving such cases.
You get Bonus Points for…
Experience with, or capacity to learn quickly, any of the various Hadoop technologies:
- MapReduce, Hive, Pig
- HDFS, HBase
- Cloudera, MapR, Hortonworks
Platfora puts an end to the gut decision by giving enterprises blazing fast factual insights across all of their data sets for outsized competitive advantage. Delivered as subscription software on premises, or in the cloud, Platfora Big Data Analytics is a platform that anyone can use. Platfora’s technology mixes customer interaction, machine and transactional data for insightful correlations across large volumes of data so that enterprises can meet and exceed their business goals in the Fact-based Economy. Companies such as Comcast, Disney, Edmunds.com, The Washington Post, DirecTV, Citi, Riot Games, Opower and Vivint use Platfora as their permanent path to success with big data. www.platfora.com
We are Big Data Analytics, and we are building an extraordinary team of data and scalable systems experts, sublime UX and visualization designers, and savvy field people to build big data analytics . Join us on the journey ahead!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Local Bay Area candidates only. Principals only; if you are a recruiter, or represent a search firm, you must be under contract with an OK to work on this role, prior to submitting resumes to Platfora.