Director Sales, Texas (open location in Texas)
Sales | Arlington, TX
You are a top-tier sales professional, experienced in selling to the enterprise, and love being an integral part of the adoption of cutting edge technologies. You are the commensurate consultative sales person; you enjoy educating customers about the ways that your company’s technology will improve their performance, top- and bottom-lines. In addition to being coin-operated, you love seeing that customers are getting a benefit from what you sell, and have many referenceable customers to demonstrate this.
At Platfora, you will continue your track record in building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results. You will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for us. This is an individual contributor role.
- Partner with sales engineering team to turn prospects into customers, and customers into fans.
- Consistently over deliver on agreed upon sales goals
- Named Account penetration, account planning and opportunity management
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- You have 5-10+ years direct and channel Enterprise Software selling experience to large enterprises is a must.
- You are very comfortable working with senior executives, with a track record of structuring and closing six figure plus sales deals
- You are a proven, successful sales person, with the ability to sell solutions (not a product) to C-level executives or line of business
- Ability to play in a team environment with the ability to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate offices
- Success in closing consultative, educational sales
- Proven ability to build strong champions in accounts; you can provide references to showcase this ability
- Ability to accurately forecast using Salesforce.com
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Enjoyment of startup culture with all its growth and change; flexible personality
- Strong preference for experience with complex selling in DW, BI, networking, storage or related industries
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
Platfora puts an end to the gut decision by giving enterprises blazing fast factual insights across all of their data sets for outsized competitive advantage. Delivered as subscription software on premises, or in the cloud, Platfora Big Data Analytics is a platform that anyone can use. Platfora’s technology mixes customer interaction, machine and transactional data for insightful correlations across large volumes of data so that enterprises can meet and exceed their business goals in the Fact-based Economy. Companies such as Comcast, Disney, Edmunds.com, The Washington Post, DirecTV, Citi, Riot Games, Opower and Vivint use Platfora as their permanent path to success with big data. www.platfora.com
We are Big Data Analytics, and we are building an extraordinary team of data and scalable systems experts, sublime UX and visualization designers, and savvy field people to build big data analytics . Join us on the journey ahead!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Local Bay Area candidates only. Principals only; if you are a recruiter, or represent a search firm, you must be under contract with an OK to work on this role, prior to submitting resumes to Platfora.