Customer Success Manager (Open Location, Western US)
Field Services | San Mateo, CA
- You come from a Big Data or Enterprise Software product offering.
- You have worked in a Technical Account Manager or Customer Success Manager role, supporting enterprise level customers.
You are a seasoned Customer Success Manager / Technical Account Manager, with deep experience supporting an enterprise software offering. You know how to navigate through the noise of fast-paced environments to fast-track the adoption of business-accelerating technologies. You identify what needs to be accomplished and partner with others in the organization to ensure successful, on-time delivery. You want to be an integral part of a cross-functional team that prides itself on effectively and efficiently delivering to the needs of our customers. You are known for building smart, effective, efficient processes and templates to deliver projects. You are able to communicate, build relationships, and influence across all levels of the organization. You care deeply about driving business value at a customer. You are always operating from the perspective of “How will this positively impact our customers?” and “How can we help our customers achieve greater business value with our product?
You have director-level consulting experience and know your way around a business development process, too.
As a Customer Success Manager / Technical Account Manager, you will play a key role in supporting our customers’ objectives through accelerating the adoption and deployment of Platfora as we enable them to answer their most challenging Big Data questions. Your goal will be to increase user adoption, enhance and develop new use cases and increase Platfora usage across the enterprise.
You are responsible for managing strategic accounts including the projects and people responsible for fulfilling delivery. You have experience leading executive whiteboard/strategy sessions around sales, marketing, and customer support. You have experience working with resource plans and project scope and have the ability to push back when needed.
You will be responsible for working with various business and technical teams to drive product implementations. You are “The Lead”. As such, you own the cross-functional delivery process! You will need to evaluate, integrate, and continually enhance operational performance of the Platfora platform. You will be responsible for implementing and enhancing appropriate tracking and reporting metrics in a way that provides transparency and visibility into project health. In some cases, project health and progress must be communicated through a third party (customer/partner); you will drive the communication, including strategy, content, and meetings. Throughout project delivery, you will help surface impediments and collaborate cross-functionally to remove them. You are comfortable managing multiple projects that are at various stages of delivery.
You will be managing customer billable projects to schedule, budget and contracted deliverables. These customers are typically Fortune 100 who “get” the need to have direct, instantaneous and deep use of their data stores...now.
- Technical Account Management: Lead account planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products.
- Customer Success Management: Manage expectations and day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors; manage project quality and risk, potentially across multiple engagements.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with key decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Business Process Experience: Lead Executive Level discussion around sales, marketing and customer care processes.
- Aptitude for picking up new technologies and methodologies.
- 5+ years experience as a Customer Success Manager or Technical Account Manager within the enterprise software vertical
- Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm.
- BA or BS in technical discipline.
- Multiple years experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with a management consulting or Big 5 consulting organization and/or experience working at a startup.
- Successful experience managing of large billable projects for external customers.
- Experience with modern services deployment methodologies, in the Big Data context (e.g., Hadoop, Business Intelligence, MPP database...)
- Strong technical background, with previous experience with delivery of enterprise class software.
- Strong analytical skills and experience managing technical and project management issues.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Ability to interact and communicate with CxO-level personnel.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable traveling up to 50% percent of the time.
You get bonus points for:
- Great BI and presentation skills.
- Being the go-to person for April Fool's activities.
- Previous, successful experience managing Big Data deployments.
Platfora is the #1 native Big Data Analytics platform for Hadoop. Platfora puts big data directly into the hands of line-of-business people through self-service analytics that help them uncover new opportunities that were once impossible or impractical across transaction, customer interaction and machine data. An interactive and visual full-stack platform delivered as subscription software in the cloud or on-premises, Platfora Big Data Analytics is creating data-driven competitive advantages in the areas of security, marketing, finance, operations and the Internet of Things. Leading organizations such as Citi, Comcast, DirecTV, Disney, Edmunds.com, Opower, Riot Games, Vivint and The Washington Post use Platfora.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Principals only; if you are a recruiter, or represent a search firm, you must be under contract with an OK to work on this role, prior to submitting resumes to Platfora. Thanks!
Read about us: http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2014/03/19/platfora-a-big-data-analytics-company-raises-38-million/