Dev Ops / Sys Admin
Information Technology | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Dev Ops / Sys Admin
Plastiq (pronounced "Plastic") is a fast-growing tech company changing the landscape of payments, empowering you to use your cards everywhere cards aren’t accepted. Starting with a vision to drive new payment choice for tuition, Plastiq has evolved into a service enabling cardholders to put all of their important payments on card. Plastiq is headquartered in San Francisco, with satellite operations in Boston and Toronto, and is backed by top advisors and investors from across the financial sector, academia, and consumer technology.
A rapidly growing team, we fully believe in the work hard-play hard model. Dedicated to transforming the payments industry and giving payment power to the consumers, we also love to have fun, ride our Plastiq bikes around the city, go on team outings, and occasionally (or frequently) have a glass of wine.
Role at a Glance
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer / Systems Administrator to serve as the technical infrastructure guru for our kickass, growing group of devs. Plastiq has built a sophisticated, modular infrastructure of three primary tiers: a payments processing platform, a set of business application services, and a front-end presentational layer. This critical next hire will take ownership over the technical support and management of our various development and production environments, including driving deployments and building processes.
The right candidate is excited by the prospect of serving a critical role in the support of an infrastructure which currently handles hundreds of millions of dollars flowing through multiple countries and payment channels, and is ready to face the challenge of maintaining system integrity, security, and performance at 100x growth. This is an opportunity to reach your potential in the high-stakes payment industry, with an exciting new company challenging the way people think about credit cards.
- You’ve got a real-world understanding of network security, firewalls, and potential attack vectors because you’ve worked with mission-critical systems in the past.
- You’re a systems master. You eat the CLI for breakfast. Configurations, build processes, upgrades and patches, logs and monitoring, and more – no problem.
- You care about system integrity, security, and performance, and you know why this matters from practical experience.
- You have an extreme attention to detail because you recognize that the work you do is mission critical to a company’s success.
- You have a strong knowledge of web service technologies and the environments in which they run (e.g. Linux, SQL, PHP, Java).
- You take security seriously; you know how to handle access control, cryptographic key management, and policies and procedures, including disaster recovery and business continuity.
- You’re cool and collected under pressure. Live server issues? Troubleshoot, mitigate, and fix, followed by a post-mortem to ensure we’re covered for the future.
- BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Collaborate with and support engineering, QA, and Product Managers to plan, deliver, and manage our development and deployment cycles.
- Manage scheduled system outages and be on-call to address any unscheduled outages; continually refine our systems and procedures for handling both.
- Stay on top of backups, restores, upgrades, and updates for our technology infrastructure.
- Monitor and consistently improve the security of our technology, systems, and applications.
- Establish best practices and tools for new software, configuration, and content rollouts.
- Play a pivotal role in our maintenance of PCI Level 1 Service Provider compliance.
- Support existing auxiliary services (e.g., LDAP) and discover, vet, and deploy others as needed.
- Help out with other IT-related support around the office.