Web App Developer
Software Engineering | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
Plantiga is a human analytics company that leverages the fusion of wearable hardware, cloud computing and machine learning to provide real-time predictive analytics for performance, health and safety.
The company has developed a novel flexible footwear sensor that produces lab grade gait analytics in a mobile environment. Combined with an advanced software back-end, the Tiga system is a new type of motion capture. We aim to be the world leader in foot/ground interaction data, and are pioneering “human movement intelligence”.
We are looking for a Web App Developer to join us in changing the world of motion capture and movement analytics.
As a Web App Developer you'll be responsible for creating, updating and maintaining core software modules critical to our company's success. This includes both internal, external and cloud based applications. The position requires a solid foundation in creating architecturally sound software that is performant and reliable. Working directly with the CTO and Product Manager you'll help define and execute on these critical tasks.
- Comfortable working alone and in groups
- Self-starter, requiring minimum direct supervision
- Open to full-time, part-time and contract work (please mention preference in your cover letter)
- Minimum four years experience in software development
- Minimum two years experience with web apps
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Working knowledge of React, Redux, Node.js Sass (Webpack - build tool), D3 and server side rendering
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Proficient using automated testing protocols
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Our office is located in historic Railtown, at 611 Alexander. It boasts 18" ceilings and brick and beam architecture.
- We are a fun group that puts collaboration, good energy and fun above most things.
- We do Beer Fridays where friends, family and colleagues can down for a beverage (or two).