Software Engineering | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Plantiga is a human analytics company that leverages the fusion of wearable hardware, cloud computing and machine learning to provide real-time predictive analytics for performance, health and safety.
The company has developed a novel flexible footwear sensor that produces lab grade gait analytics in a mobile environment. Combined with an advanced software back-end, the Tiga system is a new type of motion capture. We aim to be the world leader in foot/ground interaction data, and are pioneering “human movement intelligence”.
We are looking for a system's programmer to join us in changing the world of motion capture, movement analytics and predictive health.
As a Systems Programmer you'll be creating core software modules critical to our company's success. This includes both internal M2M software systems, machine learning production systems, automated deployment tools, dashboards, manufacturing software tools, and tools used by our data science and analytics teams. This position requires a solid foundation in creating architecturally sound software that is performant and reliable. Working directly with the CTO you'll help define and execute on these critical software systems.
-- We don't expect them all but here's a good list of what we would love to see --
- Solid understanding of Computer Science.
- 5+ years experience programming.
- C, C++, Qt, Python.
- Command Line, Bash, cross platform development.
- AWS, boto3, AWS EC2/Lambda/S3/API Gateway/SMS
- Deep understanding and appreciation for the 8 fallacies, re-entrancy, thread safety, and concurrency.
- Utmost respect for craft, coding standards and self documenting code.
- Ability to write stable, robust and defensive code.
- Our office is located in historic Railtown, at 611 Alexander. It boasts 18" ceilings and brick and beam architecture.
- We are a fun group that puts collaboration, good energy and fun above most things.
- We do Beer Fridays where friends, family and colleagues can down for a beverage (or two).