Machine Learning Engineer
Software Engineering | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Plantiga is a human analytics company that leverages the fusion of wearable hardware, cloud computing and machine learning to provide real-time predictive analytics for performance, health and safety.
The company has developed a novel flexible footwear sensor that produces lab grade gait analytics in a mobile environment. Combined with an advanced software back-end, the Tiga system is a new type of motion capture. We aim to be the world leader in foot/ground interaction data, and are pioneering “human movement intelligence”.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer to join us in changing the world of motion capture and movement analytics.
- Develop DSP (digital signal processing) systems that help us structure and understand IMU information
- Design and build customized, large-scale, cloud-based machine learning systems
- Validate and improve the accuracy of Plantiga’s algorithms and analytics.
- Develop novel algorithms that provide value to customers.
-- We don't expect them all but here's a good list of what we would love to see --
- Industry or academic experience working on a range of ML problems, particularly related to time series sensor data (IMU, car sensor, medical device, etc).
- Expert software development skills with a focus for building sound and scalable ML.
- Excitement about taking cutting-edge technologies and techniques to one of the most important and most archaic industries.
- A passion for finding, analyzing, and incorporating the latest research directly into the production environment.
- Good intuition for understanding what good research looks like, and where we should focus effort to maximize outcomes
- Understanding of Deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow or Theano
- Working knowledge of digital signal processing.
- Experience with motion capture and/or computer vision systems.
- Our office is located in historic Railtown, at 611 Alexander. It boasts 18" ceilings and brick and beam architecture.
- We are a fun group that puts collaboration, good energy and fun above most things.
- We do Beer Fridays where friends, family and colleagues can down for a beverage (or two).