Software Engineering | Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Plantiga is a human analytics company that leverages the fusion of wearable hardware, cloud computing and machine learning to provide real-time predictive analytics for performance, health and safety.
The company has developed a novel flexible footwear sensor that produces lab grade gait analytics in a mobile environment. Combined with an advanced software back-end, the Tiga system is a new type of motion capture. We aim to be the world leader in foot/ground interaction data, and are pioneering “human movement intelligence”.
We are looking for a data scientist to join us in changing the world of motion capture and movement analytics.
- Validate and improve the accuracy of Plantiga’s algorithms and analytics.
- Develop novel algorithms that provide value to customers.
- Create data munging pipeline to clean data for large scale analytics processing.
- Create ground truth labelled data to infuse human knowledge into our AI platform.
- Work closely with the upper management to implement projects contributing to product development.
-- We don't expect them all but here's a good list of what we would love to see --
- Minimum two years experience in a data scientist / machine learning position.
- Experienced in machine learning, statistics, and data analytics methods.
- Working knowledge of digital signal processing such as FFTs, filter design, wavelets.
- Working knowledge of deep learning frameworks and algorithms.
- Previous experience working with time series data from IMUs, medical devices, car sensors, or similar.
- Excellent data visualization skills to communicate knowledge from data.
- Experience with motion capture and computer vision is a plus.
- Experience taking ideas from conception to release.
- Critical thinker with an ability to identify root causes of problems.
- Able to achieve consensus across teams and drive product execution.
- Thrive in a fast-paced iterative development environment.
- Highly organized and ability to be self-managed toward assigned tasks.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in mathematics, physics, or engineering disciplines such as computer engineering, mechatronics, engineering physics, applied mathematics.
- Proficient in scientific computing platforms such as R, python (including numpy, scipy, pandas, matplotlib), or Matlab.
- Experience in a deep learning framework such as Tensorflow, Theano, Torch, etc.
- Solid understanding of digital signal processing.
- Our office is located in historic Railtown, at 611 Alexander. It boasts 18" ceilings and brick and beam architecture.
- We are a fun group that puts collaboration, good energy and fun above most things.
- We do Beer Fridays where friends, family and colleagues can down for a beverage (or two).