Project Manager - Heavy Civil
Foundation | Newtown, PA | Full Time
Established in 1969, PKF-Mark III, Inc. ("PKF") is an employee-owned corporation, which places substantial emphasis on self-performance to expand and distinguish itself as a premier general contractor with unique engineering, bidding, construction, and management capabilities not available in competitors.
PKF's project list includes significant bridge & roadway projects, water & wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, power plants, complex electrical systems, rail systems, foundations, and tunnels throughout New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
PKF offers employees rewarding careers in the construction industry. Priding ourselves on the quality of our workforce, the PKF approach is founded upon strong, collaborative efforts that ensure the sharing of ideas and the involvement of all stakeholders. As thought leaders in the industry, our team creates solutions that get the job done on time and done correctly.
Throughout its history, PKF’s hallmarks of SAFETY, QUALITY, and ON-TIME CONSTRUCTION have been evident in our projects. Shaped by industry leading professionals, employee owners and highly skilled craft personnel, in all we do, we live by and strive to demonstrate "Excellence Built on Integrity."
PKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
PKF-Mark III, Inc. is in search of experienced heavy civil Project Managers capable of managing single and/or multiple jobsites in a demanding, fast paced environment with a wide scope of work. The ideal candidate possesses strong personal initiative, excellent planning and problem solving capabilities, effective interpersonal skills, and an unwavering commitment to safety.
- Ensure all tasks are completed with the highest level of safety
- Manage both cost and schedule for self-performed and subcontracted work
- Liaise with owners, subcontractors, and other internal and external contacts
- Select subcontractors through bid analysis and ensure contract issuance and proper insurances are in place prior to commencement of work
- Negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers, and subcontractors
- Review and approve project invoices, to ensure vendor and subcontractor payments
- Assist in the implementation of QA/QC programs
- Confer with upper management to ensure all work procedures and constructability issues are resolved with owners, subcontractors, vendors, and designers
- Evaluate weekly construction methods, determine cost-effectiveness, and discuss any concerns with Project Superintendent
- 8+ years of construction experience, preferably in the heavy civil industry, with a history of demonstrated responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or related
- Ability to meet fast-paced, changing schedules and priorities
- Keen awareness of industry recommended practices, OSHA requirements, equipment, and QA/QC
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Valid driver’s license
- Local travel (within 1-2 hours)
Additional Skills & Experience & Certifications:
- OSHA 10-Hour and/or 30-Hour Certification, a plus
- Working knowledge of software platforms, including HCSS HeavyJob and Viewpoint, a plus
Perks (At least the following):
- Competitive wages, incentive compensation, 401(k) match
- Graduated paid-days-off policy
- Opportunities for personal career growth and company ownership