Labor Trainee - Heavy Civil
Craft Positions | Ottsville, PA | Full Time
Established in 1969, PKF-Mark III, Inc. ("PKF") is an employee-owned corporation, which places substantial emphasis on self-performance to expand and distinguish itself as a premier general contractor with unique engineering, bidding, construction, and management capabilities not available in competitors.
PKF's project list includes water & wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, power plants, complex electrical systems, rail systems, foundations, bridges, roadways, and tunnels throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast Regions.
PKF offers employees rewarding careers in the construction industry. Priding ourselves on the quality of our workforce, the PKF approach is founded upon strong, collaborative efforts that ensure the sharing of ideas and the involvement of all stakeholders. As thought leaders in the industry, our team creates solutions that get the job done on time and done correctly.
Throughout its history, PKF’s hallmarks of SAFETY, QUALITY, and ON-TIME CONSTRUCTION have been evident in our projects. Shaped by industry leading professionals, employee owners and highly skilled craft personnel, in all we do, we live by and strive to demonstrate "Excellence Built on Integrity."
PKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
PKF-Mark III, Inc. is in search of a Labor Trainee capable of performing as a member of the laborer crew under the direction of the laborer foreman. There is NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, but the ideal candidate possesses strong personal initiative, an interest in gaining highway construction experience, and the willingness to learn new skills.
- Maintain traffic control (flagging operations)
- Work with the labor crew/laborer foreman in the reading of structure plans
- Ability to work with (or learn how to use) hand & power tools
- Construct and assemble concrete forms
- Handle the placement of reinforcement steel
- Place and finish concrete
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Foreman
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to learn/adapt quickly
- 18+ years of age
- Flexible schedule (nights and/or weekends may sometimes be required)
Perks (At least the following):
- Competitive wages
- Full health, dental, and life insurance benefits
- Competitive retirement plan
- Career advancement opportunities