Estimator - Heavy Civil
Foundation | Newtown, PA | Full Time
Established in 1969, PKF-Mark III, Inc. ("PKF") is an employee-owned corporation, which places substantial emphasis on self-performance to expand and distinguish itself as a premier general contractor with unique engineering, bidding, construction, and management capabilities not available in competitors.
PKF's project list includes significant bridge & roadway projects, water & wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, power plants, complex electrical systems, rail systems, foundations, and tunnels throughout New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Delaware.
PKF offers employees rewarding careers in the construction industry. Priding ourselves on the quality of our workforce, the PKF approach is founded upon strong, collaborative efforts that ensure the sharing of ideas and the involvement of all stakeholders. As thought leaders in the industry, our team creates solutions that get the job done on time and done correctly.
Throughout its history, PKF’s hallmarks of SAFETY, QUALITY, and ON-TIME CONSTRUCTION have been evident in our projects. Shaped by industry leading professionals, employee owners and highly skilled craft personnel, in all we do, we live by and strive to demonstrate "Excellence Built on Integrity."
PKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of estimating experience in heavy construction, including: highways, water plants, wastewater plants, and industrial facilities. Experience in site civil, structural, mechanical, and/or foundations estimating is a plus. Experience with HeavyBid a plus, with knowledge of Excel, BlueBeam, and Microsoft Office required. Experience submitting bids to DOTs and State/municipal entities highly desired. Ideal candidates possess strong personal initiative, excellent planning and problem solving capabilities, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Assist with quantity takeoffs, pricing and bidding of construction projects
- Often works in conjunction with other members of the bid team to prepare accurate proposals
- Assist with final assembly of estimate for presenting to owners
- Capable of both hard bid and conceptual estimating
- Work to develop and manage a strong working relationship with suppliers and subcontractors
- Ability to select and solicit high quality suppliers and subcontractors
- Able to review project documents for value analysis/engineering suggestions
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and other topographical and geographical data to bid projects
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in heavy construction, including: highways, water plants, wastewater plants, and industrial facilities
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to provide quantity takeoffs and pricing from technical drawings
- Proficiency with BlueBeam and Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Working knowledge of HCSS preferred
- Federal contracting experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of DBE compliance for bids a plus
- Knowledge of Smartbid and Sharepoint a plus
- Ability to meet fast-paced, changing schedules and priorities for bids
- Keen awareness of industry recommended practices, OSHA requirements, equipment, and QA/QC
Perks (At least the following):
- Competitive wages, incentive compensation, 401(k) match
- Medical benefits provided
- Opportunities for personal career growth and company ownership