Production | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Pixelberry Studios develops story-driven mobile games. We’ve had a lot of commercial success -- our first three releases have made the Top Grossing charts -- but we also try hard to make a positive difference in our players’ lives and the world at large. For instance, we’ve developed special content to raise money and awareness for nonprofits like the Cybersmile Foundation and the National Eating Disorders Association, and we have been collaborating with the United Nations on a climate change initiative. We think games can and should be a powerful force for good, and our company culture reflects that mindset.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented Senior Producer to help guide the development of an unannounced next-generation project. The Senior Producer will work closely with the Project Lead to shape the composition, direction, workflow and output of several internal and external dev and content teams. An ideal candidate will have shipped multiple successful products, ideally with a special focus on web apps. He or she will have achieved mastery of the production process -- including planning, specification, prototyping, development, testing, launch, data analysis and subsequent refinement -- and will know that very little of the above gets done without effective communication.
Successful applicants will see why Pixelberries tend to stick around for the long haul. It’s obviously been a challenging year, but our company has weathered the storm better than most. We’re no strangers to remote work because everyone has enjoyed two work-from-home days a week since 2012. We’ve set aside funds to help our team members improve their home offices (by upgrading to adjustable standing desks, for example), while also earmarking time for fun team activities like chocolate tastings and online scavenger hunts. Meanwhile, the foundations of our business are stronger than ever: we have a hit game in Choices: Stories You Play, a supportive corporate parent in Nexon, new projects in the hopper, and some of the most experienced leadership in mobile gaming.
- 5+ years of experience in web app or cloud software Producer roles
- Shipped 2+ successful products
- Ability to communicate with everyone from developers to C-level stakeholders
- Success managing internal and external development teams
- Command of project management best practices
- BA / BS or equivalent industry experience
- Product management skills (AB testing, live ops, data analysis)
- Success driving adoption of Scrum / Agile development methodologies
- Experience in (and love for) narrative or interactive fiction games
- Experience in (and love for) casual and/or female-focused mobile games
- Competitive salary.
- High level of autonomy and freedom.
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays (Pre-Covid)
- Full benefits package (PTO, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Free food and snacks, movie nights, and field trips (Pre-Covid)
How This Job is Different
- Feel good about what you do.
- Great environment to grow and makes a difference
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
We believe that the unique contributions of all our team is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Pixelberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.