QA & Player Support | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pixelberry Studios is looking for a full-time mobile game QA engineer. Our ideal candidate should have experience with automated testing on iOS and Android devices, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are operating remotely at this time. Once we resume onsite operations, the position is expected to work out of Mountain View, CA.
- Collaborate as a part of the client team to test game functionality features
- Identify areas of features that can be targeted with automated test procedures
- Write automated scripts via Selenium and Appium with Robot Framework to be used by the team for client testing
- Create and maintain documentation of test scripts
- Perform manual testing of in-game features
- Execute test plans for new features and updates across iOS and Android devices
- Write descriptive and concise bug reports
- Regress bug fixes on each release
- Previous 3+ years of experience in working with and writing automated test scripts for mobile applications and/or games
- Advanced programming skills, knowledge in automation systems (ideally familiar with Selenium and Appium with Python)
- Experience in mentoring and leading junior team members
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with the mechanics of mobile games on iOS and Android devices
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets and organizational software
- Proficient in English with strong writing skills
- Willing to work under direction, with a team, and independently
- Able to manage time, meet deadlines, and prioritize effectively
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.