QA DLC Tester
QA & Player Support | Mountain View, CA | Contract
Pixelberry Studios brings innovation to mobile games, and we could use some extra hands! We are seeking a full-time contractor to work 40-60 hours per week depending on workload, eventually onsite at our Mountain View office, though the position will start out remote in accordance with California's Shelter in Place order. Starting pay depends on experience. This is a 6-month contract position with the opportunity for a contract extension and/or conversion to permanent hire.
You will be working with the QA DLC Team to create and follow test plans and perform ad-hoc, creative, and structured testing on mobile applications. Our ideal candidate should possess excellent writing skills as our games are heavily story driven, have familiarity working on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, and have knowledge in testing applications on iOS and Android devices.
You might find yourself wearing a variety of hats; candidates should be open and eager to learn new skills.
- Strong in English.
- Familiarity with the mechanics of playing mobile games on iOS and Android devices in order to test and report bugs.
- Willingness to work under direction and independently.
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and prioritize effectively.
- Strong communication skills for effectively conveying issues found with the writing team.
- Technical proficiency (some computer science coursework is a plus, but not necessary.)
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
A current resume and a cover letter, highlighting QA Game Testing or other relevant work experiences.
- At the end of the cover letter, answer the following question:
- What is your favorite video game of all time and why? Be as specific as possible. Responses that are two sentences or less will not be accepted.
Candidates without the above materials will not be considered.
Pixelberry is a studio in Mountain View, CA dedicated to creating story games with heart. Many members of our team have worked together in the mobile space for over a decade. Our Top 25 app, Choices: Stories You Play, is a narrative game played by millions of players around the world.
None of this would be possible without a tight-knit team of eager, passionate, and talented minds. At Pixelberry, we do what we love, and we love what we get to do. The entire company laughs through lunch together daily, lines up for movie field trips on opening day, and plays board games late into the night. And the first time you get a thank-you message from a troubled teen player or their mother telling you that your game literally saved their life, you’ll know that you haven’t just found a job. You’ve found a purpose.
- Relaxed, open office environment
- Free food and snacks
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Board game nights, movie field trips, and murder mystery parties!
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world