Manager, HR Business Partner
Human Resources | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources Team. An ideal candidate will have both large, corporate HR experience and start up experience with an ability to think both strategically and broadly, but capable and willing to take a hands-on, roll-up-your sleeves approach to tackle multiple, competing priorities.
Our headquarters is in Mountain View, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: CA, OR, WA, and NV.
Currently, all Pixelberry staff are working remotely. Hybrid work model (1 day/week in-office) will be in place once we resume on-site operations, currently scheduled for January 2022.
- Provide full-cycle business partner support to Pixelberry Studios under the Nexon West umbrella
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of the organization and talent
- Proactively assess business and org performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach
- Partner closely with Studio Administration, HR Operations, and Talent Acquisition Teams to implement and drive processes and programs to enhance company performance along with employee’s workplace experience
- Partner closely with business leaders in the areas of Change Management, Leadership Development, Employee Relations, Immigration, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation Planning, Goal Setting
- Advise business leaders on various organizational and employee matters that arise in the course of employment
- Build and maintain successful and trusted client relationships with business leaders and their teams
- 5+ years of experience in a HR Business Partner capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field
- Solid understanding and exposure in all areas of HR, including Change Management, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Performance Management, Talent & Succession Planning, Leadership Development
- Experience developing and executing org design and communication strategies
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet key deadlines and goals
- Excellent judgement and quick thinking
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Experience working in Gaming, Entertainment, or High Tech preferred
- Ability to work out of Mountain View, CA or Los Angeles, CA and open to light travel (either to Mountainview, CA or Los Angeles, CA)
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.