Junior Art Producer
Production | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Pixelberry Studios is dedicated to creating games with heart. Many members of our team have worked together in the mobile space for over a decade. We’re 5 for 5 in developing Top 100 games that blend addictive design with compelling narrative gameplay. Our current focus is Choices: Stories You Play, a digital storytelling platform that’s landed us in the Top 25.
Pixelberry Studios is looking for a Junior Art Producer to assist the team in creating content for Choices: Stories You Play.
With frequent releases to coordinate across several interactive books, the Junior Art Producer should feel comfortable working in a fast-paced & creatively-driven environment. The ideal candidate for this role is a highly-organized individual who is interested in learning more about the mobile games industry and has a keen eye for artistic details.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are operating remotely at this time. Once we resume onsite operations, position is expected to work out of Mountain View, CA.
- Create art requests that are in line with the genre of the product (knowledge of current fashion trends is a plus)
- Work as a point of contact between writing and art teams to solicit content feedback
- Work as a point of contact between internal teams and outsourcing partners to create art assets for the product
- Provide helpful feedback at all stages to make sure the finished product hits the right quality bar and is consistent with requested styles
- Organize art content dates while making sure assets are properly tracked in a pipeline
- Curate art production resources and deliverables for art teams
- Assist with documentation on ongoing and changing art production processes
- Identify, communicate, and help to improve processes within the Production department
- Excellent communication skills; ability to collaborate and resolve conflicts among teams
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of traditional art principles and theory
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity with Google Sheets
- Self-starter attitude
- Prior game-making experience (either professionally or in an academic setting)
- Project scheduling and budgeting experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator
- Experience with asset tracking software such as Jira, Asana, Shotgun, etc.
- A cover letter indicating why you’re interested in the position
- A current resume highlighting relevant and educational experience
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401(K) with matching program
- Work-Life Balance
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Feel good about what you do
- Great environment to grow and makes a difference
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term
Pixelberry values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.