Full Stack Engineer
Engineering | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Pixelberry Studios is looking for you! A passionate, eclectic, knowledgeable Full Stack Engineer, to help us develop our future. You’ll be writing and maintaining features alongside the rest of the engineering team, as well as communicating with other departments when necessary.
You should have experience as a Full Stack Engineer, ideally within the mobile gaming industry. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are operating remotely at this time. Once we resume onsite operations, position is expected to work out of Mountain View, CA. In our post-COVID environment, we will return to working from home twice a week. Therefore, we are looking for motivated people who thrive with a high degree of autonomy.
Pixelberry Studios is a Top 10 mobile games developer, having created fun, compelling mobile games for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the AppStore's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our current flagship game, “Choices'' has smashed our wildest expectations, recently breaking into the Top 5. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design to release
- Design, code, unit test, and maintain codebases that work at scale for large communities
- Enjoy collaborating with others to deliver high quality team results
- Happy to use the code review process to communicate and mentor oneself and others
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- Skilled in multiple languages (JS, TS, C#, C++, Java, or Python)
- Solid foundational development skills / concepts (OOP, TDD, SOLID, GOF, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Advanced debugging skills, involving multithreading, memory leaks, etc.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in server technologies (C#, Node.js, Java, etc.)
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in client technologies (React, TS, CSS, etc.)
- Experience working as part of a lean, agile engineering team
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work
- Good communication skills
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, GCP)
- Experienced with AWS Features (S3, Lambda, Xray, EventBridge, EC2, Route 53, etc.)
- Unity 3D
- Open Source Contributor
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Work with a diverse team of fun and motivated individuals
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401(K) with matching program
- Work-Life Balance
- Paid Year-End Break
- Relaxed office environment with free food and snacks and WFH Tuesdays and Thursdays (pre-COVID)
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world
Pixelberry values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.