Data | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Pixelberry Studios, a division of Nexon, is the creator of the hit game "Choices". Our team has been around since 2011, and is 3-for-3 launching games into the AppStore's Top 25 Grossing chart. We believe that innovative game design, commercial success, and making a difference all go hand in hand.
Our world-class development team is looking for a Data Engineer. The winning candidate will help us build reliable and secure analysis and reporting that drive our endeavors. Working alongside our tight, razor-sharp team with a high degree of autonomy, you will take ownership of analytics reporting, data cleanliness, and ad-hoc analytics projects. We will rely on you to deliver mission-critical components, serving our millions of fans worldwide. This would be for a full time, eventually on-site position in Mountain View, CA. Pre-covid, we worked from home two times a week, so our team is used to the productivity of remote work but also cares about building culture from in-office interactions.
- Partner with leadership, engineers, program managers and data scientists to understand data needs.
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data across a number of platforms
- Educate your partners: Use your data and analytics experience to ‘see what’s missing’, identifying and addressing gaps in their existing logging and processes.
- Leverage data and business principles to solve large scale web, mobile and data infrastructure problems.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for your areas.
- 3+ years of python development experience
- 3+ years of database experience and strong SQL knowledge
- 2+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure and Microservices
- 2+ years of big data experience and knowledge of data warehouse architecture
- Strong understanding of Architecture, Design Patterns and Software Principles
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- Good communication skills
- Custom real-time ETL design experience
- Redshift experience
- Experience with the AWS stack (S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, Step Functions, etc)
- Experience of providing SQL debugging and support to analysts/BI
- Handling data from multiple sources with different formats
- Knowledge of mobile gaming metric
- Competitive salary.
- High level of autonomy and freedom.
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays (Pre-Covid)
- Full benefits package (PTO, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Free food and snacks, movie nights, and field trips (Pre-Covid)
How This Job is Different
- Feel good about what you do.
- Great environment to grow and makes a difference
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
We believe that the unique contributions of all our team is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Pixelberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.