Engineering | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
Pixelberry Studios is looking for you! A passionate, eclectic, knowledgeable Client/Gameplay Engineer, to help us uplift our market-leading, award-winning, mobile game “Choices”. You’ll be writing and maintaining client features alongside the rest of the engineering team, as well as communicating with other departments when necessary.
You should have experience as a game engineer, ideally within the mobile gaming industry. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are operating remotely at this time. Once we resume onsite operations, position is expected to work out of Mountain View, CA. In our post-COVID environment, we will return to working from home twice a week, therefore we are looking for motivated people who thrive with a high degree of autonomy.
Pixelberry Studios is a Top 10 mobile games developer, having created fun, compelling mobile games for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the AppStore's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our current flagship game, “Choices'' has smashed our wildest expectations, recently breaking into the Top 5. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
- Develop games with the Cocos 2Dx family of products, as well as an ample amount of Java and C++
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from design to release
- Design, code, unit test, and maintain codebases that work at scale for millions of users
- Develop fun, innovative game features played by millions
- You want to karate kick technical debt in the chops
- Computer Science degree, or equivalent work experience
- Solid foundational programming skills (algorithms, data structures, OOP, etc)
- 3+ years demonstrable experience in C++, Java or other OOP languages
- 1+ year demonstrable experience Cocos 2Dx (point us toward your portfolio, if you have one)
- Experience working as part of a lean, agile engineering team
- A passion for games, and an understanding of how they work
- Good communication skills
- U.S. work authorization
- Fullstack experience (frontend + backend)
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, GCP)
- Unity 3D
- Open Source Contributor
- Understanding of SOLID development skills.
- Desire to deliver well-tested code.
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays (Pre-COVID)
- Full benefits package (PTO, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Free food and snacks, movie nights, and field trips (Pre-COVID)
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Feel good about what you do.
- Great environment to grow and makes a difference
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
Pixelberry values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry Studios is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.