Manager (Experienced First Line Supervisor - Transportation)
Transportation | Seattle, WA
Manager - Experienced First Line Supervisor – Transportation (Trainmaster)
Headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, the BNSF Railway Company operates one of the largest rail networks in the U.S. with 35,000 miles of rail lines operating through the 28 most western states for over 150 years. The dedication and commitment of our over 40,000 employees have made us one of the largest transportation businesses in the United States with more than $15 billion in annual revenues. BNSF is a Fortune 200 company with our best still ahead of us.
Locations: Various BNSF Locations:
Aberdeen, SD; Alliance, NE; Alliance, TX; Amarillo, TX; Belen, NM; Chicago, IL - Cicero; Chicago, IL - LPC; Chicago, IL - Willow Spgs; Clovis, NM; Denver, CO; El Paso, TX; Galesburg, IL; Glendive, MT; Great Falls, MT; Guernsey, WY; Houston, TX; Kansas City, MO; Lafayette, LA; Lincoln, NE; Los Angeles, CA; Lubbock, TX; Memphis, TN; Newton, KS; OKC, OK; Omaha, NE; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, CA; San Bernardino, CA; Seattle, WA; Spokane, WA; Springfield, MO; St. Louis, MO; Stockton, CA; Superior, WI; Temple, TX; Tulsa, OK; Vancouver, WA; Wellington, KS; Whitefish, MT.
Relocation: BNSF offers a competitive relocation program that includes reimbursement for qualifying relocation and house-hunting expenses and assistance in marketing the sale of your home. Please be advised no monetary assistance for the sale of your current home will be provided.
Salary Band 28: $57,400K-$65,004K per year, plus bonus potential. Bonus allocation is based on the salary band of position and company performance. Benefits package valued at over $23,000 per year.
Anticipated Start Date: Fall/Winter 2008-2009
WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER EXTERNAL CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION. CURRENT BNSF EMPLOYEES SHOULD APPLY FOR THE FIRST LINE SUPERVISOR ASSESSMENT (FLS) PROCESS.
As a member of the operations management team, trainmasters:
1. Supervise train operations in a designated territory
2. Provide customers with safe, efficient, and economical service
3. Execute divisional plans, monitor and manage costs
4. Ensure compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and policies
5. Supervise train, yard and engine employees in a union environment
6. Interface and coordinate with operating departments, including Dispatchers and Yardmasters, to execute the operations plan
7. Conduct operational tests, implement safety programs
8. Work in shifts (can be 12+ hours) in a field based environment
9. Work in a 24 by 7 operations environment including nights, weekends, evenings and holidays, on call or available for emergency situations
10. Work both indoors and outdoors, in a variety of weather condition (e.g. heat, rain, wind, humidity, etc.)
11. Work around moving or heavy equipment
We offer a fast-paced, intensive six month training program that includes: orientation conducted at our company headquarters in Fort Worth, TX, technical (e.g. rules, safety) and personnel training conducted at our technical training center (TTC) in Overland Park, KS and associated on the job field training conducted at assigned location.
1. At least 18 years of age or older
2. Authorized to work in the U.S.
3. High School Diploma or GED
4. Willing to take a drug test
5. At least 3 years of work experience supervising 5 or more employees in a fast paced,
operations and/or logistics environment
6. Ability to relocate within the BNSF Railway operating system to start and/or upon career progression and /or business need
7. Able to work a minimum of 50 hours per week
8. Able to work varied shifts, holidays, nights and weekends
9. Able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
10. Able to walk on uneven terrain
11. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel)
12. Willing to submit to a Background Check
13. Able to lift 70 pounds or more
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations, Logistics, Business Administration or Management
2. Five (5) years of work experience supervising 15 or more employees in a business management, or as a non-commissioned or commissioned military officer in a fast paced, operations and/or logistics environment
The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general guidelines do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/twic.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.