Administration | Greer, SC | Full Time
About Pickens Contracting, Inc. (Formerly known as Pickens Roofing):
We are a family owned Roofing, ACM Panel Installation, and Sheet Metal Contracting Company located in the Upstate since 1904. Our main office has recently relocated to Greer, SC, but our field crews work on multiple site locations.
We currently have approximately 120 employees and growing! This person must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.
Visit our website at www.pickenscontracting.com to learn more about us!
Pickens Contracting is seeing a full time Receptionist to join our team at our new location in Greer, SC. You will be the first point of contact when guests arrive or call us, and customer service is essential in this role. We are looking for someone who has dedication and looking to challenge themselves in a fast-past environment and learn new skill sets.
- Key employee to answer, transfer and screen incoming business calls.
- Welcome and direct visitors and clients.
- Maintain filing systems as assigned.
- Maintain office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
- Assist in travel arrangements for field employees.
- Work alongside the office manager, and administration teams for daily tasks.
- Inform production managers of any incoming shipments to job sites.
- Keeping up with vehicle taxes and registration and insurance expiration dates and handling those when due.
- Assisting in setting up new employee orientations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in customer service
- Must be able to pass a drug and background screening
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Roofing or Construction Industry experience is preferred but not required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
Company Benefits offered:
- 401(k) Plan
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Please submit resume along with three professional references with your application. We look forward to meeting you!
Pickens Contracting, Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.