Operations | Greer, SC | Full Time
About Pickens Contracting, Inc (Formerly known as Pickens Roofing):
We are a family owned Roofing, ACM Panel Installation, and Sheet Metal Contracting Company located in the Upstate since 1904. Our main office has recently relocated to Greer, SC, but our field crews work on multiple site locations.
We currently have approximately 150 employees and growing rapidly! This person must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment. There is room for growth in this position as the Company grows for a very self-motivated and quick learner!
Visit our website at www.pickenscontracting.com for more information about us!
The Project Manager is responsible for project management of the commercial roofing projects & special projects – plan and manage assigned projects so that they are completed on time, on budget with a highly satisfied customer. Assist in winning profitable repeat business by cultivating relationships during management of your projects. Estimating change orders (if requested). Other requests, work activities or projects may be assigned as needed.
The Project Manager reports to and is accountable to the COO of the company. There also exists a need for this individual to coordinate the project activity with the COO, office staff, and Superintendents.
Project Management – Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guide Operations Team in the set-up and management of projects
- Manages superintendents and foremen workflow and daily activity. Delegates necessary work as needed.
- Maintains a complete understanding of all projects under contract - proposal information prepared and presented by the Company, contracts specifics, change order management and project close out.
- Maintains master project schedule and crew demands for review and coordination with the COO and Team
- Purchases materials, secures subcontractors, and directs field personnel on project issues as needed
- Coordinates weekly one-on-one meeting with COO. Update percent complete on all working projects, review change orders as needed, last minute needs for projects.
- Assists in preparation of monthly billing and forecasting – accounting department
- Verifies satisfaction of work completed, accuracy of billings, delivers the Contractor and Manufacturer warranties, and assures proper close-out activities involving service and maintenance departments
- Attends job status meetings (as needed)
- Jobsite visits and meetings with crew members, sub-contractors, and General Contractors
Benefits offered after eligibility period:
Short Term Disability
Pickens Contracting, Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.