Administration | Greer, SC | Full Time
Pickens Contracting, Inc. (formally known as Pickens Roofing & Sheet Metal and Pickens Roofing) has been serving the roofing needs of the public throughout the upstate of South Carolina as well as North Carolina and Georgia since 1904. We are looking for a full time Bid Coordinator to join our team at our location in Greer.
The role is generally focused on creating bid presentations, from evaluating the initial inquiry with estimating leads and management, tracking, and managing progress of works and presenting final bids to clients as required, follow up on bid status, and job setup and tracking.
Essential skills will include your ability to communicate with the CEO/COO, estimating lead, and client representatives and other parties as needed. You will be required to work as part of the Pre-Construction and Bid Development team and provide support to Business Development, Bid and Pre-Construction Process throughout the bid process life cycle.
- To search relevant websites and emails for Invitations to Bid and related addendums.
- Creating pre-bid folders and documents.
- Assist in the development and delivery of all bids and projects, ensuring pre-qualification questionnaires and all tender documentation are completed or requested.
- To draft and review bid submission content, ensuring all bids are submitted on time and fully compliant with the requirements.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, as necessary.
- Ensure all proposals are formatted and comply with company brand guidelines, customer requirements and follow internal quality guidelines.
- Analyze the client’s documents to ensure the responses being created respond implicitly to the questions being asked.
- Coordinate timely with bonding company as needed to obtain bid & P&P bonds.
- Coordinate clarification questions, forward to client and monitor responses.
- Maintain bid information on Foundation database and ensure the information accurately reflects the opportunity status.
- Track and follow up on open bids to determine won/lost bids.
- Once bids are awarded, coordinate the completion of required project documentation including but not limited to contract review and execution, COIs, business licenses, setup of job on any required websites/platforms.
- Work with operational managers, mobilization managers (where applicable) and customers in quality and process improvement initiatives to further develop partnership working.
- Coordinate the production of information packs for mobilization/operational team handovers to include all aspects of the operational solution and liaison on all key matters on the contract.
- Setup and maintain job tracking and project schedule in Foundation Software.
- Complete subcontract and purchase agreements.
- Attach project documentation in Foundation software per jobsite and ensures records are imputed accurately and timely.
- Maintain project filing system.
- Answer company phone system and respond to Company visitors as needed.
- General knowledge of project management, contracts, and bid process.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Word.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe PDF
- Experience and background in the bid coordination, preparation, billings, and equipment control.
- The ability to produce high standard work which meets the client and business requirements.
- Ability to work on own initiative, meet tight deadlines and balance priorities to achieve results.
- Effective time management skills as required to attain budget and timescale restraints set forward by the project requirements and the ability to perform successfully in a challenging works environment.
- Able to handle multiple projects and support multiple employees' administrative needs with minimum supervision.
- Able to communicate effectively (oral and written) with vendors, subcontractors, owners, and supervisors.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in customer service, project support, or administrative roles
- Must be able to pass a drug and background screening.
- Roofing or construction industry experience is preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
Company Benefits offered:
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Please submit resume along with three professional references with your application. We look forward to meeting you!
Pickens Contracting, Inc. Is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, status as a parent or protected veteran status.