Medical Coding Specialist
Billing and Revenue Cycle Management | Bradenton, FL | Full Time
Title: Medical Coding Specialist
Schedule: Monday - Friday (no weekends)
Location: Downtown Bradenton, FL.
Experience: Minimum of two years
Travel required: None
- Coordinates with staff to get charge information for all patients in an EHR environment.
- Codes information about procedures performed and diagnosis on charge.
- Verifies and completes charge information in database and produces billing.
- Gathers and verifies all information required to produce a clean claim, including special billing procedures that may be defined by a payer or contract.
- Follows ICD9/ICD10 codes to ensure diagnosis codes are appropriate.
- Assists in charge capture by reviewing provider documentation and patient documentation.
- Queries provider when code assignments are not straightforward, or documentation is unclear.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of matters regarding charge entry.
- Works in conjunction with A/R team on follow up and resolution of coding related denials and rejections.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of coding guidelines through the use of current CPT, HCPCS II and ICD-10 materials.
- Responsible for maintaining current documentation guidelines and communicating those to providers.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry standards and regulations.
- Conducts all job functions in compliance with HIPAA and industry regulations.
- Active Certified Professional Coder (CPC) qualification.
- A minimum of two years of experience in medical billing, coding and collections required.
- Current knowledge of coding, billing and reimbursement for commercial insurance, Medicaid and Medicare.
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone and in writing with insurers and patients.
- Consistently demonstrate extensive attention to detail, problem solving, organization and multi-taking skills.
- Ability to provide a positive customer service experience to clients, guests, and patients.
- Self motivated and team player.
We highly value and invest in our staff. We truly believe by putting the interest our staff members first, they will in turn take great care of our clients. That's why we're committed to continually investing in our staff and making Phoenix Healthcare Services a positive and fun working environment.
Benefits our staff members enjoy:
Competitive wage and salary
Paid time off (PTO)
401(k) retirement plan
Employee recognition plan