Senior Accounting Manager
Accounting | Austin, TX | Full Time
Job Title: Senior Accounting Manager
Reports To: CEO
Location: Austin, Texas
IMPORTANT! Tell us more about yourself in a cover letter and explain how your skills and experiences qualify you for this position. If you are not currently in the Austin area, please tell us when you plan to relocate. Application without a cover letter will not be processed.
We ship pets! For any client who is looking to move their furry family member from door-to-door, US to US or even country to country are often in need of a pet relocation company like us. We strive to provide an incredible experience to these clients on behalf of their precious cargo through our global network of vendors and 12 years of expertise.
We are looking to hire a highly competent, responsible, trustworthy, and detail oriented senior accounting manager with 5 to 7 years of increasing experience in a general accounting role. You are expected to possess strong analytical and excellent time management skills complemented by your professionalism, clear understanding of the job, and ability to deliver high quality of work within strict deadlines.
Your work involves preparing financial statements, schedules and reports, completing journal entries, maintaining ledgers, reconciling and verifying accounts, and monitoring revenue and expense accounts. It will also involve interpreting and analyzing accounting data and financial reports and recommending action.
You will need to be comfortable and confident in your ability to handle constant change because in a start-up like ours, we must dynamically adapt to the challenges of doing business in a rapidly growing and ever-changing industry. Be prepared to wow us with your positive attitude, can-do-spirit, open mindedness and ability to think on your feet. The dynamic nature of our company means that there is always potential for vertical and lateral movement to different positions, based on demonstrated strengths in leadership, customer service, training, and organizational development.
- Timely billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Eagle-eye monitoring of customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Prompt and accurate processing of adjustments
- Methodical resolution of customer queries
- Clear, concise and accurate communication with clients, vendors and staff regarding resolution of accounts receivable/payable problems and general or specific inquiries
- Own key components of month-end close process and monthly financial reporting
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws and company standards
- Exemplary maintenance of customer and vendor records
- Process journal entries and account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Analyze reserves, results of operations, business trends and metrics, prepare and present financial summaries and various analyses for upper management
- Active partner in the development, documentation and implementation of policies
- Develop models, prepare reports, and present analysis to the team and senior leadership
- Develop project plans and coordinate through completion
- Backup to payroll entry using Intuit QuickBooks
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related Field
- 5 to 7 years of accounting experience with an emphasis on AP, AR and Financial Analysis
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and supervise others as appropriate
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technology skills (Salesforce, QuickBooks experience strongly preferred)
- Advanced or expert level Excel skills
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and see it through to completion
- Proven track record of dependability and trustworthiness
- Prior Small to Medium company experience is a plus
- Experience in pet travel, logistics or service industries
- A sense of humor