PHP Developer (PetRelocation.com)
Engineering | Austin, TX
Job Title: PHP Developer
You will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of Pet Relocation. You will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of developers and analysts on a wide range of problems.
You will be joining a fast-growing start-up and where your decisions can have a visible and immediate impact on the company’s bottom line! Our people are passionate about driving the business from vision to implementation to delivery, with measureable results.
- Incorporate new technologies into existing systems and products.
- Take initiative and collaborating with others.
- Test, integrate, write, troubleshoot, and debug software applications.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of critical software components.
- Work to improve the efficiency and functionality of current systems and products.
- Update current products and develop new ones to product specifications.
- Utilize third-party API services; Restful Web services supporting json/xml
- 1+ years of professional software development experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or relevant experience commensurate to a bachelor’s.
- Very good documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly develop solutions to complex problems that involve both elegant data design and deep analytical thinking.
- Relational database design and good practices
- Experience with MVC.
- Experience with back-end web development.
- Experience with Distributed Systems
- Contributions to open source software projects
- Working knowledge of source control software (CVS, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience processing large volumes of data
- Knowledge of CodeIgniter framework.
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache) and familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Solid grasp of new media and social networking (podcasting, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Understanding of Linux shell and common utilities (cron, logrotate, etc.
- Experience in SAAS (Software As A Service)
- Work with a sense of urgency (without panic) to deliver consistently
- Approach your work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on innovation
- Engage with a positive attitude within the larger team to produce the best possible product and results
- Maximize your time and output by thinking creatively and working smarter, not just harder