PetRelocation.com Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounting | Austin, TX | Full Time
PetRelocation.com provides door-to-door transportation services for pets around the globe. No move is too great nor animal too exotic for our team and our extensive international network.
Being an animal lover is a prerequisite, not a plus. We are looking for individuals who not only love their pets, but are dedicated to using their experience and passion for helping our customers move the pets they love.
We handle everything from pre-export paperwork to international quarantine laws, from flight bookings to customs clearance. Shipments range from military dogs to Afghanistan, horses to Honduras, poison dart frogs to Switzerland, and thousands of mosquitoes to research labs.
There are many life circumstances that prompt customers to seek our services, including relocation for job opportunities, employment transfers, military assignments, retirement, and more. As a result, our approach to potential customers is almost entirely consultative.
After a lead is submitted to PetRelocation.com, a Consultant/Specialist from our Sales Team is the first point of contact for the pet owner. He/She will listen to the needs of the potential customer, and then tailor his/her recommendations for a solution based on the services we offer. Once a contract is closed, a Specialist from our Customer Care Team assumes the role of orchestrating and executing the extensive logistics of the relocation. All team members are expected to put the utmost emphasis on the safety of the pets and the satisfaction of the customers.
We're looking to hire a reliable, trustworthy, analytical, thoughtful and hard-working Accounting Professional. You should be eager in quickly learning and mastering all the Accounts Receivable functions in your department and equally excited about contributing to the company above and beyond the bottom line.
You will need to be comfortable and confident in your ability to handle constant change and frequent ambiguity because in a start-up like ours we must dynamically adapt to the challenges of doing business in a rapidly growing and ever-changing industry.
Please note that our clientele includes many employees and executives at Fortune 500 companies. Candidates for this position should possess a high degree of professionalism.
- Process all payment batches by batching, balancing and posting, ensuring all funds are accounted for
- Identifies discrepancies and process all billing credit adjustments, customer refunds and chargebacks for customer accounts
- Reconciles any daily cash posting discrepancies
- Respond to client inquiries regarding past due accounts and provide account information to client as necessary
- Communicate with various departments to answer questions or discrepancies that clients may have
- Reporting on account aging to the Senior Accountant
- Identify and report to supervisor any existing or potential financial instabilities that may exist with an account.
- 1 to 2 years of previous Accounts Receivable experience
- Prior experience with QuickBooks required
- Proficiency in MS Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Advanced multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers
- Competitive salary and benefits depending on experience