Pet Travel Sales Consultant
Sales | Austin, TX | Full Time
Job Title: Pet Travel Sales Consultant
IMPORTANT! Tell us more about yourself in a cover letter and explain how your skills and experiences qualify you for this position. If you are not currently in the Austin area, please tell us when you plan to relocate to Austin. An application without a cover letter will not be processed.
For the especially enthusiastic candidate who would like to set themselves apart, please highlight yourself through a short video! Links can be submitted in your cover letter.
We've been helping pets move all over the world since 2004. We're a small group of people located in the heart of Austin, Texas that share a passion for animals and problem solving. We have a fun, collaborative and open work environment and we take pride in what we do.
PetRelocation provides door-to-door transportation services for pets around the globe. No move is too great for our team and our extensive international network. We handle everything from pre-export paperwork to international quarantine laws, from flight bookings to customs clearance.
There are many life circumstances that prompt customers to seek our services, including relocation for job opportunities, employment transfers, military assignments, retirement, and more. As a result, our approach to potential customers is almost entirely consultative.
Being an animal lover is a prerequisite, not a plus. We are looking for individuals who not only love their pets but are dedicated to using their experience and passion for helping our customers move the pets they love. The ideal candidate will have a mind for logistics and a desire to help people. You should immensely enjoy researching, multi-tasking, and staying organized.
We're looking to hire an energetic and hard-working Sales Consultant. You should be interested in learning our process from the ground up and excited about contributing to the company above and beyond the bottom line. You should be able to demonstrate your ability to manage stressful and time-sensitive situations with a positive attitude, be results-focused and self-motivated with excellent follow-up and follow-through. Your success as an individual contributor is inextricably linked to your team and company’s success.
You must be comfortable communicating complex topics to all types of people. Whether you're explaining our services to a customer, communicating move details to an agent, or checking in with different vendors to ensure we provide the best animal care and transportation, you must maintain a professional and supportive demeanor. Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills are required. So much of what you will do involves complex communication. You will be evaluated on grammar, punctuation, and spelling, so you should be a good writer and an even better speaker.
You will need to be comfortable and confident in your ability to handle constant change and frequent ambiguity. We are continuously adapting to the challenges of doing business in an ever-changing industry. Along with many perks, this position comes with room for growth for the right candidate.
Please note that our clientele includes many employees and executives at Fortune 500 companies, so candidates for this position should possess an extraordinarily high degree of professionalism.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
You will gain client trust by building a complex and tailored move plan based on client needs, move details and region regulations. You will act as the source of that information, presenting well-crafted and researched, unique plans tailored to the specific requirements of each move. You will secure the contracts to engaging our services and through your work, generate the revenue that sustains and grows the company. You will interact with potential customers both on the phone and over email, to gather detailed information about them, their pets, and their upcoming move, which you will be tracking in Salesforce. Once the client has signed the contract, you will hand over the new client to their assigned International Relocation Coordinator, who will handle the more in-depth logistics of the relocation.
- Receive and respond to leads from interested clients within appropriate time frames.
- Communicate our unique value proposition, using a solutions-based consultative approach to understand the needs of potential customers and determine if our services are a fit.
- Exercise high-level organizational and multi-tasking capabilities daily.
- Manage a pipeline of clients and schedule to maximize consulting opportunities.
- Research move requirements and create plans that are accurate and reflect the client needs.
- Document all client communication in Salesforce with comprehensive and detailed notes.
- Be an active participant in improving our processes by sharing your knowledge, ideas and suggestions.
- Collaborate with other departments to create an incredible experience for your clients.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual productivity goals.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE VALUE:
- We believe in the importance of an amazing team
- Our actions are guided by our integrity
- We are empowered to innovate
- We are experts and never stop learning
- We are committed to excellence in everything we do
Required Background & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Account Management, Logistics & Planning, Sales or relevant business area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the demonstrated ability to employ active-listening skills.
- Be team focused, working to establish strong relationships with your peers, clients and vendors.
- Documented history as a results-focused, resourceful person who has been trusted to exercise independent discretion and operate with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while coping with time-sensitive situations and varying deadlines under the guidance of your more experienced peers.
- Abundant energy and enthusiasm matched with a genuine desire to solve problems.
- Be a person with high integrity who believes in personal accountability.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency or prior experience with Microsoft Suite and Google Suite products.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in any applicable field.
Work Life Balance
- Open paid time off/minimum 3 weeks off in anniversary year
- Flexible schedules including Flex Fridays
- Paid holidays including your birthday
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) with company contribution
- Telemedicine Medical Visits
- Wellness Program with rewards and discounted premiums
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to Contribute to your 401k account
- Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Bonus potential
Learning and Development
- Insights Discovery Self-Assessments
- Monthly Learning and Development Stipend
- Firsthand experience with international countries and cultures
- Independent workflow
- Professional Portraits
Pets and Office Culture
- Fun office events & celebrations throughout the year
- Free downtown parking
- Close walking distance to Austin MetroRail
- Bring your pet(s) to work