Pet Travel Consultant
Sales | Austin, TX | Full Time
Job Title: Travel Consultant
PetRelocation provides door-to-door transportation services for pets around the globe. No move is too great nor animal too exotic for our team and our extensive international network. We handle everything from pre-export paperwork to international quarantine laws, from flight bookings to customs clearance.
There are many life circumstances that prompt customers to seek our services, including relocation for job opportunities, employment transfers, military assignments, retirement, and more. As a result, our approach to potential customers is almost entirely consultative.
Being an animal lover is a prerequisite, not a plus. We are looking for individuals who not only love their pets, but are dedicated to using their experience and passion for helping our customers move the pets they love.
We're looking to hire an energetic and hard-working Travel Consultant. You should be interested in learning our process from the ground up and excited about contributing to the company above and beyond the bottom line. You should be able to demonstrate your ability to manage stressful and time-sensitive situations with a positive attitude, be results-focused and self-motivated with excellent follow-up and follow-through. Your success as an individual contributor is inextricably linked to your team and company’s success.
Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills are required. So much of what you will do involves complex communication – to the customers about our services, to the agents to make international travel arrangements, to the vendors for making sure we provide the best animal care and transportation. You will be evaluated on grammar, punctuation, and spelling, so you should be a good writer and an even better speaker.
You will need to be comfortable and confident in your ability to handle constant change and frequent ambiguity because we must dynamically adapt to the challenges of doing business in a rapidly growing and ever-changing industry. However, this fundamental nature of our company means that there is always potential for vertical and lateral movement to different positions, based on demonstrated strengths in leadership, customer service, training, and organizational development.
Please note that our clientele includes many employees and executives at Fortune 500 companies, so candidates for this position should possess an extraordinarily high degree of professionalism.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As a new hire, you will be trained on the lead nurturing process and pet shipping industry. Your primary objectives will be evaluating leads based on preset criteria as well as developing relationships with potential customers until they reach the “qualified” stage. At this stage, another Travel Consultant will take over to continue the customer journey. Finally, an International Relocation Coordinator will be assigned to handle the logistics of the relocation.
Much like a concierge at a luxury hotel, you will be responsible for expertly navigating our potential customers through this new, unfamiliar, and oftentimes stressful event in their lives. You will interact with potential customers both on the phone and over email, to gather detailed information about them, their pets, and their upcoming move, which you will be tracking in Salesforce.
What We Value:
- We believe in the importance of an amazing team
- Our actions are guided by our integrity
- We are empowered to innovate
- We are experts and never stop learning
- We are committed to excellence in everything we do
Required Background & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Account Management, Logistics & Planning, Sales or relevant business area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with the demonstrated ability to employ active-listening skills.
- Be team focused, working to establish strong relationships with your peers, clients and vendors.
- Documented history as a results-focused, resourceful person who has been trusted to exercise independent discretion and operate with minimal supervision.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while coping with time-sensitive situations and varying deadlines under the guidance of your more experienced peers.
- Abundant energy and enthusiasm, matched with a genuine desire to solve problems.
- Be a person with high integrity who believes in personal accountability. Preferred:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in any applicable field.
IMPORTANT! Tell us more about yourself in a cover letter and explain how your skills and experiences qualify you for this position. If you are not currently in the Austin area, please tell us when you plan to relocate. An application without a cover letter will not be processed.
For the especially enthusiastic candidate who would like to set themselves apart, please highlight yourself through a short video! Links can be submitted in your cover letter.