Client Care Specialist
Customer Service | Austin, TX
IMPORTANT! Tell us more about yourself in a cover letter and explain how your skills and experiences qualify you for this position.
PetRelocation provides door-to-door transportation services for pets around the globe. No move is too great nor animal too exotic for our team and our extensive international network.
We handle everything from pre-export paperwork to international quarantine laws, from flight bookings to customs clearance. Shipments range from military dogs to Afghanistan, horses to Honduras, poison dart frogs to Switzerland, and thousands of mosquitoes to research labs.
There are many life circumstances that prompt customers to seek our services, including relocation for job opportunities, employment transfers, military assignments, retirement, and more. As a result, our approach to potential customers is almost entirely consultative.
Being an animal lover is a prerequisite, not a plus. We are looking for individuals who not only love their pets, but are dedicated to using their experience and passion for helping our customers move the pets they love.
We're looking to hire a responsible, resourceful, and detail-oriented professional who excels at planning and problem-solving. You should immensely enjoy researching, multi-tasking, and staying organized. If you can’t live without a calendar, an agenda, or a to-do list, then this position is for you.
Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills are required. So much of what you will do involves complex communication – to the customers about our services, to the agents to make international travel arrangements, to the vendors for making sure we provide the best animal care and transportation. You WILL be evaluated on grammar, punctuation, and spelling, so you should be a good writer and an even better speaker.
You will need to be comfortable and confident in your ability to handle constant change and frequent ambiguity because in a start-up like ours we must dynamically adapt to the challenges of doing business in a rapidly growing and ever-changing industry. However, this fundamental nature of our company means that there is always potential for vertical and lateral movement to different positions, based on demonstrated strengths in leadership, customer service, training, and organizational development.
Please note that our clientele includes many employees and executives at Fortune 500 companies, so candidates for this position should possess an extraordinarily high degree of professionalism. People with past experience in the hospitality industry and/or inside sales are especially desirable.
Expectations and Objectives:
- Cultivating a high level understanding of the pet relocation and pet travel industries
- Managing customer accounts using our existing CRM, including entering comprehensive data, setting timelines for tasks, and tracking progress for timely follow-up
- Researching international requirements including country-specific government regulations, import/export laws, and airline routing
- Coordinating with agents and vendors to put together travel timelines for clients’ pets.
- Maintaining contact with clients prior to their move to answer questions, review vet documents, and schedule pickup and delivery times
- Updating clients on the status of their pet relocation, including flight departures, arrivals, delays, and other important move-day information. NOTE: This will include occasional weekend and evening availability
- Contributing new ideas and fresh energy to the Client Care Team
- 2-3 years of experience in customer service, account management, or equivalent area
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry is especially desirable
- Proficiency with Landslide, Salesforce, or equivalent CRM is preferred
- Abundant energy, indefatigable enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage stressful, time-sensitive situations
- A strong and engaging phone presence
- Self-motivated with excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Competitive salary and benefits