Digital Marketing Specialist (Automotive)
Marketing | Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Our Brands Marketing team is highly results driven and goal oriented. We spend our days making sure we grow our audience, promote our content, and generate revenue for our flagship web publishing properties in health, automotive, and travel. We measure everything! We believe if it can’t be measured it doesn’t exist. Usually this means we spend a lot of time with numbers- tirelessly working to ensure we’re hitting our goals, producing results, and keeping a pulse on our KPI’s. It also means our days include other fun stuff like researching our audience, crafting our messaging, and developing strategy. Oh, and we use lots of nifty tools and processes to get the job done! Meet the team- we are made up of a diverse group of digital marketers who all bring varying backgrounds and perspectives and are the reason for our team’s success.
A bit about our company- Perk.com Canada connects millions of users every day to personalized content and communities through its large and growing family of websites, and digital tools. In categories health, family, automotive, travel, lifestyle and entertainment, we build successful digital brands, and then take them to the next level by applying a smart mix of tools and skills. We believe in taking risks, we’re not afraid of failure, and we think it’s a mistake to build a business if you can’t have some fun along the way!
Included in this application is a task challenge found at http://snip.li/TaskChallenge. You are required to complete the tasks, and submit a link to your completed file in your cover letter.
With a focus on our automotive brand, here’s what you’ll do:
- Create keyword, interest, and contextually targeted pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
- Daily measuring of paid traffic against profit performance, traffic quality, and other relevant KPI’s.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing campaign budgets, delivery and pacing.
- Ad creation, placement and audience targeting.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all digital ad platforms and track their performance and effectiveness against various marketing goals.
- Deep numerical analysis of traffic performance across device, market segment, creative.
- CPC, CPM, CTR, traffic quality, and quality score optimization.
- Develop and recommend appropriate campaign strategies.
- Initiate and carry out testing on traffic acquisition methods/models, landing pages, and new traffic sources.
Here’s what we’re expecting from you:
- Entrepreneurially minded; you are obsessive about seeking out opportunities to generate online traffic, crushing goals, and developing new ideas.
- You are passionate about the automotive industry and have a pulse on industry trends.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with ad traffic networks which may include: Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook Advertising, Yahoo! Gemini, Taboola, Outbrain.
- Experience in ad operations or digital advertising at a digital publisher, ecommerce site, ad agency, ad tech company, or similar.
- Must be extremely proficient in MS Excel and have hands-on experience with pivot tables.
- Proactive communication – You know that communication is key and you over-communicate with a focus on facts.
- We move fast and things often change, you embrace this and see it as opportunity.
- Grit and determination- you face difficulties and challenges head-on and come out stronger on the other side.
- You are not happy with status quo- you want growth and are driven to produce results.
- You have a voracious appetite for knowledge and self-betterment.
- Maintaining a level of intellectual humility and open-mindedness is part of who you are.
- You strive to remain current with relevant trends and best practices in a performance marketing environment.
- Enjoy working in a team and sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Hard working with the ability to take initiative and be adaptive.
- A strong mathematical mind.
- A talent for pattern recognition and proven ability to learn the ins and outs of a market, including what drives it.
- Ability to work independently, time manage self, and push self to own deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of the organization using excellent fluent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Will be motivated by ownership of audience and campaigns and willingness to go above and beyond in managing them to exceed KPI objectives and profit targets.
- Capacity to work some evenings and a few hours on weekends, monitoring and adjusting budgets and traffic performance.
Things that’ll impress us:
- Experience in Display Media buying, Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Lead Generation, or eCommerce.
- Experience with effective landing page creation and optimization.
- You’ve run a blog or website and spent your own money promoting it.
- You’ve come up against difficult challenges or failures in your career and you have a story to tell about how you persevered.
Please include a cover letter and resume, indicating the position title, Digital Marketing Specialist (Automotive). All applications will be kept confidential.
Showcase Your Talent
If you are entrepreneurially-minded and have a small business you operate, or develop mobile apps on the side, or have built your own website…tell us about it! Don’t be shy; showcase your talent for thinking outside the box and willingness to take on challenge!
Here’s why you’ll love it here
Perk.com Inc. offers competitive benefits and pay packages, career advancement opportunities, and an incredible work environment that includes a culture of knowledge sharing, creativity, and innovation. Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region's booming technology sector with endless amenities in walking distance to the office; including café’s, restaurants, and retail shops. Perk.com Canada has a cool office space featuring a kitchen area stocked with hot and cold beverages, including an assortment of pop, water, mineral water, chocolate milk, and RedBull. We have cool perks such as catered lunch every Friday, wing-nights, paid cell phone, and various team activities- think rock climbing, Blue Jays games, and paintballing. We also have old school arcade games, 60” TV’s with gaming consoles and Apple TV, as well as a foosball table.
Location: 150 Caroline St. #406, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 0A5
We thank all applicants for your interest in Perk.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Perk.com is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Generalist.