Engineering | Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Summary of the Role
We are looking for a detail oriented, self-motivated individual to maintain and evolve our database infrastructure. Our tools are primarily Microsoft SQL infrastructure with a sprinkling of MySQL. The successful candidate should be comfortable communicating with different departments within the Company as the projects will span several different stake-holders.
What You’ll Do!
- Manage the data warehouse platform.
- Be responsible for the security, performance, and integrity of our database systems.
- Maintain and evolve the data flow between production and back-end systems.
- Work with our development teams as needed to implement the new features and changes they require in the safest way possible.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Production experience with replication using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with MySQL.
- Strong sense of project ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Ability to create and deploy SSIS packages.
- Experience developing reports against OLAP/cubes (knowledge of MDX)
- Microsoft C# .NET
- Familiarity with version control (TFS).
- Exposure to PHP.
- Willingness to try new technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
Please include a cover letter and resume, indicating the position title, Database Administrator. All applications will be kept confidential.
A Little About Us
Perk.com Canada connects millions of users every day to personalized content and communities through its large and growing family of websites, and digital tools. In categories health, family, lifestyle and entertainment, Perk.com Canada builds successful digital brands, and then takes them to the next level by applying a smart mix of tools and skills. We believe in taking risks, we’re not afraid of failure, and we think it’s a mistake to build a business if you can’t have some fun along the way!
Perk.com is the number one rewards platform revolutionizing the intersection between content and commerce. We are venture backed and looking for people that excel in a start-up environment with loads of responsibility.
Perk is an exclusive loyalty program for members who get access to thousands of advertisers and brands who offer exclusive deals and earning opportunities. Members earn points for dozens of interactions and activities with these brands which they can use to redeem for vacations, gift cards and more.
Perk is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in Waterloo, ON and Bangalore, India.
Perk.com, Inc. offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Our office is located in the heart of Waterloo Region's booming technology sector with endless amenities in walking distance to the office; including café’s, restaurants, and retail shops. Perk.com Canada has a cool office space featuring a kitchen area stocked with hot and cold beverages, including an assortment of pop, water, mineral water, chocolate milk and RedBull. We have cool perks such as various team activities, old school video games, 60” TV’s featuring PS3 and Apple TV, foosball, and more.
Location: 150 Caroline St. #406, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 0A5
We thank all applicants for your interest in Perk.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Perk.com is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Generalist.