Robotics Operations Director & Project Manager
Operations | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
Perception Robotics is seeking a detail-oriented Operations Director to act as our team liaison. If you love cutting-edge technology, pushing projects forward, solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, and working in a fast-paced startup environment, this is the role for you.
WHO WE ARE:
'Perception Robotics is a tech start-up, founded in April 2012 and housed at the Los Angeles Clean Tech Incubator http://laincubator.org/. We integrate a variety of industrial robot systems (including Fanuc, Kawasaki, and Universal Robots) and conduct research for the National Science Foundation and NASA.
WHAT WE DO:
Perception Robotics is a materials technology company focused on solving manipulation problems in industrial robotics. We have two unique technologies: 1) a pressure sensitive polymer that can be inexpensively cast into any shape and gives robots a sense of touch and 2) a gecko-like polymer that can rapidly transition from being sticky to not-sticky. We leverage these technologies to tackle robotic pick and place problems for robots. Combined with stereo cameras and smart software, we’re making the next generation of material handling robots and the first robotics company to solve picking problems using touch and vision.
- Reviewing working practices to ascertain if it is successful and if not, devise an alternative
- Oversee accounting firm and manage/approve AP, AR, etc.
- Manage the onboarding and termination of employees
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of the business to ensure smooth progress
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Liaise with department heads and senior management to get the best performance from staff and provide constructive feedback
- Working with outside counsel on any legal matters that occur
- Reviewing and approving materials/equipment needs
- Manage relationships and agreements with external partners/vendors
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND EXECUTIVE SUPPORT:
- Schedule and prepare for client meetings; manage schedules for CEO and other senior staff
- Assist CEO with Board meeting preparation and coordination
- Maintain tracking calendar for project deadlines; ensure deadlines are being met
- and appropriate follow up is completed
- Organize company events and tradeshows
- Oversee creation and posting of job descriptions for new positions
- Manage bi-weekly time reporting, payroll, and time-off requests
- Manage corporate credit cards and receipts
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field preferred
- 10+ years of administrative, project management, and/or accounting experience
- Attention to detail and high level of organization and accuracy
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects/priorities independently
- Proficient with Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Drive
- Prior startup experience is a plus; we are seeking a level-headed team player who brings stability while also adapting to changes in a growing company
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to communicate in other languages (German, Spanish, Japanese, etc.) is a plus